cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Fox TV

Are there any plans for Fox TV to return to the BT TV platform now that the Murdoch family are no longer the majority share holders in Fox Corporation?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fox TV

Fox TV is part of the NowTV suite of channels soon arriving on BTTV so I would doubt BT would bother paying for it as part of it's extra channels now.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

@scointerwrote:

Fox TV is part of the NowTV suite of channels soon arriving on BTTV so I would doubt BT would bother paying for it as part of it's extra channels now.

As is GOLD, SyFy, Comedy Central, Discovery, MTV, Nat Wild & Vice.

Which is why I asked (and no one answered), when the NOW TV integration was announced, what would happen were there is channel crossover?

I have Max HD, why would I pay twice for channels I already have just to also get access to Sky Atlantic, Arts, One, Witness and FOX?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately that is the nature. You don't have to pay twice you just choose which package suits you best and make do with that package, if you need all the channels you will have to pay for both. Some people will have no interest in the SKY channels but will want to keep all the extra channels whereas some people will be happy to switch to just all the NowTV channels package, you pay your money and take your choice. It's a bit like saying if I want to watch all the PL games I have to buy BT Sports, Sky Sports and Amazon but if I am just happy with just some I will buy one and just watch those games.

Obviously BT only has control over its extra channels so could decide to pay for the FOX tv channel and re-add it but I would suspect they would rather drop channels and let NowTV supply them than pay to add duplicate's going forwards. Although as I said above people already paying for the extra channels with no interest in sky's channels wouldn't be happy to see their package reduced so I would expect to see status quo maintained for the foreseeable.

With the NowTV deal not being a wholesale deal and therefore BT having no say on pricing and the money going straight to sky I don't really see a way BT can combine things and reduce the cost unless they offer a reduced extra package without the duplicate channels but as they are pretty much all bundled in the max package it doesn't really work.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 5 of 6

@stereohavenwrote:

@scointerwrote:

As is GOLD, SyFy, Comedy Central, Discovery, MTV, Nat Wild & Vice.

Which is why I asked (and no one answered), when the NOW TV integration was announced, what would happen were there is channel crossover?

I have Max HD, why would I pay twice for channels I already have just to also get access to Sky Atlantic, Arts, One, Witness and FOX?

At a guess BT will review their existing supply agreements as they won't want to waste money duplicating content they can get from NOW TV, it would then make sense for them to review their packages in turn hence there shouldn't be a problem with paying for the same channel twice. 

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Well not long now until we find out, the integration is supposed to be ready for the start of the 2019/20 football season which is only 8 weeks away. 

0 Ratings