Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Free BT Sports

Go to solution

I've had BT Broadband Ininifty (highest package) for over a year now and also have line rental and phone but not the TV. When I first joined up I got BT Sports for free with my broadband package but i've only recently studied my recent bill which now shows I am being charged £5 a month for this, is this right? I rarely watch BT Sports online anyway apart from the odd match but I thought it was still free and I was not told I was being charged for this. If they are starting to charge for this service I would like to cancel BT Sport but i've found no way to do it online, can anyone help with this please?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Free BT Sports

Go to solution
I dont know your contract but it may have been free for 6 months or for 12 months, you are probably getting charged because you did not renew the contract. BT sport lite however is free which gives you only BT Sport 1.

To contact BT about BT sport look here: http://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/#/home/bt-sport

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

@DannyUK wrote:

I've had BT Broadband Ininifty (highest package) for over a year now and also have line rental and phone but not the TV. When I first joined up I got BT Sports for free with my broadband package but i've only recently studied my recent bill which now shows I am being charged £5 a month for this, is this right? I rarely watch BT Sports online anyway apart from the odd match but I thought it was still free and I was not told I was being charged for this. If they are starting to charge for this service I would like to cancel BT Sport but i've found no way to do it online, can anyone help with this please?

Everyone was written to when BT started charging for BT Sport last year. If you want to cancel it's best to call them direct but as you've watcehd the service I doubt they'll refund you any past payments. 

0 Ratings
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

It was a 12 month contract I was on I think but i've never signed another contract, does it automatically sign you up again when it ends? I've not recieved anything about my contract ending. All I know was I got it free with broadband not that I wanted it anyway but it was free so thought nothing of it, went to check my bill today and realised they are charging me £5. I don't really like to phone up as it takes ages to get through and costs more money no doubt but I will probably have to if I want to cancel.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

There's no way to cancel any BT service without phoning, unfortunately.

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@DannyUK wrote:

It was a 12 month contract I was on I think but i've never signed another contract, does it automatically sign you up again when it ends? I've not recieved anything about my contract ending. All I know was I got it free with broadband not that I wanted it anyway but it was free so thought nothing of it, went to check my bill today and realised they are charging me £5. I don't really like to phone up as it takes ages to get through and costs more money no doubt but I will probably have to if I want to cancel.

Every BT customer was written to and it was widely reported in the media. It's also been stated on your bill which BT send you every month and you are meant to read and paid without querying, you do have some culpability here. 

Either way, you are going to have to call BT to cancel. 

0 Ratings
Bennis
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
I pay £6 a month for tv essential which seems I have no choice if I want to then get the 'free' sports....now I get texts and emails saying it's going to be free again until June.....so will I now stop paying for that tv essential service as it provides nothIng extra ?
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@Bennis wrote:
I pay £6 a month for tv essential which seems I have no choice if I want to then get the 'free' sports....now I get texts and emails saying it's going to be free again until June.....so will I now stop paying for that tv essential service as it provides nothIng extra ?

It's free with a BT TV subscription. Cancel the subscription and you'll no longer qualify for the free BT Sport. 

0 Ratings
Dedishe67
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Unfortunately 😞
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Is it only bt sport lite that's free with a subscription?
0 Ratings