cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bohemian100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Free if you pay for it

Well i was excited about the prospect of getting something free from BT for a change, as a BT Infinity customer i was entitled to recieve BT Sport FREE, so, on the 1st of August i downloaded the app and wow, nothing, after spending nearly 60 minutes on the phone trying to get through i finaly reached someone who got it going, so there i was watching BT sport on my phone, not exactly a visual delight, wait, i should be able to view it on my vision box, no, maybe it hasnt been activated yet, i gave it a couple of days, then a week, then 2, still nothing, so i phoned BT and the person told me i will have to re order it as there was an error with the first order, then pointed out that he could see another problem, i needed to buy a viewing pack to be able to watch BT Sport free on my vision box, but then its not free is it, yes it is he said, if you buy a vision pack you are entitled to get BT Sport free of charge, he said the cheapest way to do it is to buy a BT Vision Essential pack for £5 per month then you will be able to get BT Sport completely free of charge, what is the essentioal pack, it is catchup tv but only for the last few day of programes, the same as i can get on my games console FREE, yes i think it is he said. So i had no choice if i wanted to view it on my vision box, i had add an extra £5 a month onto my bill so i can get BT Sport completely free of charge, and today another week later is the day i am supposed to be able  to view my free £5 a month extra on my bill BT Sport, its a bit early in the day but up to now still no BT Sport on my vision box.

Cant wait for my contract to end then its BYE BYE BT.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Free if you pay for it

Would people please refrain from starting new threads such as this when exactly the same whinges have been addressed already in numerous other threads.

As is stated in the legal words accompanying the adverts, it is the online streaming thats free to BT Broadband customers.

BT TV viewing requires sign up to a BT TV package, and that costs at least £5 a month. The Essentials package was £5 a month before BT sport came along; this is why they are saying it is a free addition (because people who were on it before don't have to pay any extra to get BT Sport now).
0 Ratings
bohemian100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Sorry, i did look through the other threads but couldnt find the "whinges" section

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

How could you have missed that, there's plenty of them.Smiley LOL (Only joking by the way, don't take it personally guys).

In my case my bill for July will be roughly the same for August, give or take the phone calls. In July I didn't have BT Sports, in August I do, so yes I'm getting it for free. If you wish to get the service free gratis then connect your lappy to the tv with a hdmi cable, and guess what....... you get it for free, minus the cost of a cable.

0 Ratings
NuttyTart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Colin_London

In your opinion BT customer who use here are posting "whinges"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you don't post here if you are exasperated by BT customers posting here.

People who were using BT Broadband Internet CAN NOT receive BT Sport as a standalone service/product via the internet.

Another BT service/product is required and it is charged at £12 per month on a BT Broadband bill..... It is then dicounted at £12.......so peoples accounts are ready for when there is a charge..It is not FREE it is DISCOUNTED. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 19

@NuttyTart wrote:

Colin_London

I suggest you don't post here if you are exasperated by BT customers posting here.

People who were using BT Broadband Internet CAN NOT receive BT Sport as a standalone service/product via the internet.

Another BT service/product is required and it is charged at £12 per month on a BT Broadband bill..... It is then dicounted at £12.......so peoples accounts are ready for when there is a charge..It is not FREE it is DISCOUNTED. 

You  also need a house and electricity. Should BT pay for them too to qualify for "free".

Yes the infrastructure is in place to levy a charge if and when they see fit, but until then it's free (i.e.costs no more) provided you have the necessary infrastructure in place. Nobody ever said it would cost nothing in perpetuity.

Thanks for another helpful and informative contribution.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 19

@guilbo wrote:

@NuttyTart wrote:

Colin_London

Nuttyfart, You  also need a house and electricity. Should BT pay for them too to qualify for "free".

As for your incessant whining of the massive difference between "free" and "100% discount" (there isn't one) one can only speculate if there's a word for what's wrong with you. Yes the infrastructure is in place to levy a charge if and when they see fit, but until then it's free (i.e.costs no more) provided you have the necessary infrastructure in place. Nobody ever said it would cost nothing in perpetuity.

Thanks for another helpful and informative (look them up, you might learn something) contribution.

@guilbo wrote:

@NuttyTart wrote:

Colin_London

Nuttyfart, You  also need a house and electricity. Should BT pay for them too to qualify for "free".

As for your incessant whining of the massive difference between "free" and "100% discount" (there isn't one) one can only speculate if there's a word for what's wrong with you. Yes the infrastructure is in place to levy a charge if and when they see fit, but until then it's free (i.e.costs no more) provided you have the necessary infrastructure in place. Nobody ever said it would cost nothing in perpetuity.

Thanks for another helpful and informative (look them up, you might learn something) contribution.

Why are you speaking to someone in this way?

Nuttytart is absolutely right. The service is nowhere near "free" for most. And even the ones who pay nothing extra are getting it "inclusive", not "free."

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Keep it friendly guys.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 19

@DavidM wrote:
Keep it friendly guys.

Cheers

David

Who is that directed at?

0 Ratings
Guru