cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Freeview changes

We are now days away from losing a number of freeview stations and this particularly affects HD feeds. So come on BT lets hurry up with the IP feeds of the departing channels. I know that you are concerned about the recording of these channels but lets not worry about that, there is always the replay services.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Freeview changes

I agree with you.

The sooner the better they launch the freeview channels through the Internet the better. I never record things now as I always rely on catch up.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Totally agree.

Any later and they may be playing catch up. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Thing is you cannot always rely on catch up as many programmes such as live sport coverage does not allow the rights for it to made available that way.  Not to mention most of the catch up services are a pain to use and do not let you skip ad breaks.  For me, recording is much the superior way of doing things with catch up as a fall back (such as on Friday evening when the BBC4HD test highlights was not included in the Series Link I had set - partially my fault for not checking beforehand).

Message 5 of 14

Maybe the recent update to the pro box software is paving the way 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Iam hoping it wont be long as we just recently signed up for BT TV but the antenna engineer wasn't able to find anywhere on our house where we could get signal so we are antenna less..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

I get your point about sport and other problems with catch up. However we are about to lose channels on Freeview totally and some loss of HD too. We need IP delivery to plug the gaps and hopefully give us more HD as I hate to watch programmes in SD these days.

Message 8 of 14

You cannot rush software programming and testing.

Let's wait for it to be polished first then launch it. Last thing BT wants to do is have streaming issues and ends up loosing customers.

You really aren't losing alot. Bbc 4 will survive in HD, it's only quest, bbc news and qvc you are going to lose. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

"You cannot rush software programming and testing."

True but they can deliver a 'Pro' box that's about reliable as a car built by British Leyland in the 1970s.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Never had an issue with mine? Seems to be working fine.

0 Ratings