cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Freeview channels

• I am thinking of switching to BT  - fibre plus BT Sport on  BT supplied youview box. Looking at the list of channels I would get it only lists 37 Freeview channels. Surely I should be getting more than this, shouldn't I?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Freeview channels

Have you checked the Freeview channel availability in your area? There’s a Freeview website where you can check by postcode.

In some areas the availability of freeview channels is limited by the local transmitter, (Freeview Lite transmitters). BT TV can only receive those channels.

Some users have to revert to Satellite services.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

In my location (Manchester) I should be able to receive well over 100. I am wondering if BT limit it somehow on their youview+ box  - maybe to get people to pay for a more expensive package. Or is it just that BT's channel list on their available packages is totally out of date?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@SteveRedwrote:

In my location (Manchester) I should be able to receive well over 100. I am wondering if BT limit it somehow on their youview+ box  - maybe to get people to pay for a more expensive package. Or is it just that BT's channel list on their available packages is totally out of date?

The box does not limit. I get over 150 freeview channels via the aerial.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@SteveRed  the lists of Freeview channels that BT include on their  product pages do not represent the list of channels that you will receive as that is determined by  your location  , the transmitter  you receive your  signal from and your aerial .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

That makes sense. It would be helpful if they mentioned that in their blurb as it is misleading as it is.

0 Ratings