cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QN
Message 1 of 14

Full Now TV through the YouView box

Go to solution

I've read some articles saying that an agreement had be struck between BT and Sky, one of the outcomes was to be full Now TV access through the YouView box (as opposed to film only).

The date stated in every article is "early 2019" which is suspiciously vague. I want to be able to get Sky Sports on an ad-hoc basis so buying a Now TV pass throught the YouView box would be perfect - does anyone have a confirmed date for launch? Or am I going to have to go and buy a Now TV stick/box??

Thanks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Go to solution

No confirmed date yet, although NowTV Cinema pass has always worked with Youview, It's just the sports and entertainment missing.

0 Ratings
QN
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks Richie. 

Films are good, would be great to have full access though.

Has there been any indication of when an announcement might be expected? Afterall, early 2019 is only just over 3 weeks away!

I suspect it's not imminent.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I use NowTV on and off using my Android tablet and a Chromecast dongle to view it on my main TV.

Some people have been speculating that full NowTV on Youview could mean before the start of the new F1 season or before the start of the next football season.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Have a look at this article which should hopefully answer your questions. 

It includes the following sentence:

The partnership also means BT TV customers will be able to record their favourite NOW TV content, all in time for the 2019/20 UK Premier League football season as an integrated part of the BT TV platform.

Don't know what this means in terms of a date, but presumably it is suggesting the second half of the year given it says 2019/20. 

0 Ratings
QN
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks - that’s great. Well, not great because it indicates latter part of 2019 but it’s exactly what I wanted to know. Cheers Shady.
0 Ratings
TIMSPORTSFAN
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Will Now TV be a streaming service as opposed to IPTV? Streaming is pretty frustrating with live sports as there is invariably a 30 second (or more) delay, which means I have to switch my phone to silent and turn it over in order not to be updated about the game before it's happened on my screen.

It's surely not too much to ask to be able to pay for all the Sky channels to be available in the same way we can get Main Event.
0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

I have not seen anything to date that specifies how this will work. 

I would expect it to be rolled into the IPTV solution to enable the features of the box to work in the same way as for all other IPTV channels.  But that is from a logical, rather than a technical viewpoint. 

I've never really thought about this as I never watch sport, but I can certainly see your point. 

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@TIMSPORTSFANwrote:
Will Now TV be a streaming service as opposed to IPTV? Streaming is pretty frustrating with live sports as there is invariably a 30 second (or more) delay, which means I have to switch my phone to silent and turn it over in order not to be updated about the game before it's happened on my screen.

You realise all digital TV (and radio) delivery mechanisms have a delay and each has a different delay?  Going off the grid while watching / listening to "live" sport is part of modern life.

0 Ratings
TIMSPORTSFAN
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
The delay on IPTV or satellite is only a few seconds and is not significant enough to affect enjoyment of the live event.

The delay associated with streaming is unacceptable for a live sporting event in this day and age. It's the main reason I choose to subscribe to a pay TV service rather than just watch sport online, free of charge.
0 Ratings