cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chilton55555
Contributor
Message 21 of 187

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Despite the desire for information and as BT are keeping customers in the dark over this significant change it may be time for some speculation regarding the delay or possible postponement, remember all the hype about this being ready in early 2019. Not a word from BT about the delay, not very professional for one of our leading communications companies?
My personal view is that the implementation date is outside of BT's control or its announcement is share sensitive for one or both companies hence the communications ban, stock market rules etc. Hence the present lack of press interest on this matter.
If you follow Now TV Sky has confirmed that they are now testing the 1080p update for this service and expect implementation later this year in 2019. Rather than deliver the currently inferior 720p Now TV service to BT customers (I personally would not buy that product) they are waiting until the service upgrade from Sky for quality and pricing reasons.
The other reasons could be that both companies have done an impact analysis (customer numbers, share price etc) and do not like the potential outcomes and they are having a re-think or not prioritising early implementation.
The above purely speculation and hopefully we will get a press announcement tomorrow (BT is very pleased to announce etc) and an email the next day inviting us to sign up to the new 1080P service with a start date of 1st Aug ........ BUT at what PRICE?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 22 of 187

Hi Everyone,

Sky and BT are working together so that Sky will be available through NOW TV on BT TV later this year. We’ve not released any specific dates yet and when we do our existing customers will be the first to know.

I appreciate that this will come as a disappointment but as soon as I have any other information to share I will happily do so.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 23 of 187

Thank you but @SeanD “a disappointment” is an understatement. This statement was issued on 27 December 2017! nearly coming up to two years!

Stew

0 Ratings
TIMSPORTSFAN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 187

Thanks for the response.  It would be good to know what the hold up is.  Is it technical?  I recall that the capability to record was mentioned.  This would clearly be a new feature so far as app functionality is concerned.

It would also be nice to know how this will work when it is eventually available. Is it the Now TV app, or will it be embedded so that we can access the new channels in the same way we access the current ones?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Takahashi
Contributor
Message 25 of 187

In that case you can keep it. Not interested. I'll just let my contract run out and then go with SKY. Have fun!

0 Ratings
chilton55555
Contributor
Message 26 of 187

Thanks Sean for at least having the courtesy of a reply,  but to be honest response is most unhelpful and leaves us all more despondent than ever.

From a BT TV customer viewpoint it looks looks like BT and Sky have set themselves a very easy target (18 months) to achieve; the integration of two existing products and then failed to deliver to customers within published delivery timescales.

Surely senior project managers have been appointed to deliver this major project to agreed milestones / dates and after 18 months they are not in a position to give us a new agreed delivery date or at least a full and honest appraisal of what the issues are and what is been done to overcome them six months after published delivery.  

To say I am ''disappointed' with the response and more importantly lack of information ongoing information is a major understatement. Surely someone at BT or Sky has some idea when this product will be ready for launch?????  

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 27 of 187

I think you're being a bit harsh there, would you rather they released it not 100% certain it would work? I'm sure you'd be a lot unhappier if it wasn't fully working & was released

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 187

so when we going to get the fall now tv and what happing next ?

0 Ratings
Takahashi
Contributor
Message 29 of 187

Why is he being harsh? First we are told "early 2019" then "before the new football season starts". Now it's "later in the year"!
Why set yourself objectives you cannot reach? It only serves to cheese off your customers. Furthermore, there's been no communication. Shocking, but I'm not surprised.

On the bright side "existing customers will be the first to know"!! 

nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 187

I wouldn't worry too much, there's not much on Now Tv anyway, compared to the old days. The recent film and entertainment offering have been very poor.

Obviously Sport is a different matter. 

0 Ratings