Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 591 of 1,444

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Hi @KernowChris 

Thanks for quick reply, I cannot get that far, just get error message as per my post.

I will try it again tomorrow once I activate my VIP subscription.

Once again thanks 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 592 of 1,444

I can’t update the nowtv app under the software apps section on the T4000 box. I get the message “we can’t update your players or apps”. Anyone have any idea how to do this? Do I need to do a factory reset. It keeps coming up with an error.

i just can’t update the nowtv app to get entertainment as I don’t have the cinema package.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 593 of 1,444

Hi @Mallett94

Yes you are correct, I have have done that many times and do get a much better picture quality, but the picture on BT UHD is 'average' at best. However when I view Netflix through my TV app rather than the TV Box app I do get a noticeably better quality picture. I am convinced my T4000 box is defective in some way but am reluctant to push it too far because I would rather wait for the much expected new generation TV box. I will try it tomorrow and then decide to get it up again with BT.   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 594 of 1,444

DavidJShrimpton

hold fire and don't do a reset yet .     BT are still making changes 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 595 of 1,444

@scointer
Interesting that in your photo it says "If you buy your NowTV pass as part of your BT TV package, you can record from Sky Cinema channels".

I wonder if that implies that you can only pause rewind and record NowTV Sky channels if your NowTV pass is bought explicitly through BT...

Wouldn't be any good for me. I always buy 12 months Sky Cinema & Sky Entertainment pass on black Friday for £9 and the last two years the 10 month sports pass when the 'Premier League Pass' offer is on in August.

I wonder if NowTV YV app will support boost pass at full 1080p 5.1SS & 50fps on ME PL & rumoured/confirmed F1 channels?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 596 of 1,444

Hi @Mallett94 

BT T&C's cover your question, please see below

12.  Terms for NOW TV on the service with BT billing

(a) If you get NOW TV as part of the service, NOW TV's terms and conditions will apply. You can find those at nowtv.com/terms

(b) We’ll add your NOW TV subscription charges to the bill for the service. NOW TV’s terms and conditions will only apply to those charges. You agree to pay us all charges for your NOW TV subscription.

(c) If you or we end the service, you won't be able to use it to get access to NOW TV. But you might be able to get NOW TV another way (for example, through other devices like a Smart TV, computer or mobile device).

(d) If you take NOW TV content for a fixed period, i.e. a 24 hour or 7 day Pass, this must be activated in order to watch. You will have 365 days from the date you purchase the content to activate it. If you do not activate your content within this time, you will no longer be able to access it and you will not be refunded.

(e) If you have any NOW TV subscriptions that we do not bill you for (for example, content taken via another third party provider that is not BT or NOW TV), you cannot watch that content through your set-top-box electronic programme guide. Instead, you will need to login to the NOW TV app on the set-top-box or another device.

(f) If you have a discount on a NOW TV subscription, you can’t move that across to us.

(g) If you have a NOW TV subscription that you have paid for upfront, you can watch that content on BT TV. Once that NOW TV subscription has expired, you will automatically move to our pricing as set out in our Tariff Guide.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 597 of 1,444

Finally got access to the new now tv app on my t2000. Really impressed with it so far. Looking forward to seeing the package tomorrow but straight out of the box the app seems happy with the film and tv passes I already have pre migration.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 598 of 1,444

The NOW TV apps in both my T2100 and T4000 have now updated, just need to wait and see the rest of the details on the new packages tomorrow now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 599 of 1,444

So I don’t have BT TV on my Youview box but it has updated the app. So it looks like I can buy Now TV passes direct from Sky using my Now TV account via the app.

It looks like the Youview box app does not support Now TV Boost.

You cannot buy Now TV passes via BT unless you have a contract for a base BT TV package. If you do however you will then be able to access multicast versions of the channels via the Youview EPG which can be recorded. And these can be boosted to full HD versions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 600 of 1,444

The Boost pass works fine on the NowTv app on the BT box. I'm watching Sky Movies in 1080p  with 5.1 surround. Looks like I can dump my NowTV stick and the remote. 

0 Ratings