cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 691 of 1,477

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Has anyone actually upgraded or added bt based bolt ons yet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 692 of 1,477

@benwiddowsonwrote:

As I only watch sky movies and sport and occasionally sky 1 I’ve decided to try the new package. Setup online and activated within a couple of seconds. The box had a software update and the old channels have been removed form the guide. Working fine with now tv on the epg on my 3 uhd boxes we have in the house. All streaming at the same time perfectly well. 

Now that they've removed the old channels from your boxes, I'd be interested as to what catch-up content is available in the BT TV catch up service?  For example, if you no longer have TLC channel, is the TLC catch up content still on there and playable?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 693 of 1,477

Oh dear. I've been with BT for years, had Top up TV for a while, went with BT Vision in it's early days, (when it was an on demand only service). To me the service has always fitted the bill, a little extra TV on top of standard Freeview without breaking the bank. That's gone now. I'll continue with my current Max HD pack for as long as I can, then look elsewhere. Very sad day indeed. 😥

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 694 of 1,477

On my UHD box it now has a UHD Test channel that seems to mirror BT Sport 1 but when I select it all I get is the error saying there's an issue with my broadband... The Ultimate channel still works perfectly so there is no issue with my connection... Anyone know what this test channel is? Is it for Sky's 4k sport? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 695 of 1,477

@ledgiewrote:

@benwiddowsonwrote:

As I only watch sky movies and sport and occasionally sky 1 I’ve decided to try the new package. Setup online and activated within a couple of seconds. The box had a software update and the old channels have been removed form the guide. Working fine with now tv on the epg on my 3 uhd boxes we have in the house. All streaming at the same time perfectly well. 

Now that they've removed the old channels from your boxes, I'd be interested as to what catch-up content is available in the BT TV catch up service?  For example, if you no longer have TLC channel, is the TLC catch up content still on there and playable?

I have switched over to the new VIP package and the answer to your question is, basically, just AMC and BT Sport.  None of the other previously available channels are available on the BT TV app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 696 of 1,477

Has anyone that already subscribes to NowTV taken out one of the new packages?

I think the option is there to transfer existing passes to BT, but I can't see that confirmed anywhere on BT or NowTV websites.

What's really important to me is if I take a new BT package, I'll still be able to access NowTV on my other devices (NowTV stick, phone, MacBook etc). Anyone know if that's how it would work?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 697 of 1,477

Just done a quick comparison between new BT TV and new Sky TV packages, both with broadband. Note that the NowTV entertainment pass comes with box sets included. On Sky TV to get box sets you HAVE to take the Ultimate On Demand package which includes Netflix. Therefore to make it a fair comparison I have included Netflix as part of the BT package.

BT:
VIP Pack
Netflix
Superfast Broadband 1
£93.98 per month with £9.99 up front costs.

Sky:
Entertainment
Sky Sports
BT Sport
Sky Cinema
Ultimate On Demand
Q Experience HD (1 box)
Sky Broadband Superfast
£109 pm with £29.95 up front costs.

As can be seen the up front costs for Sky are 3 times the amount for BT.
The equivalent package is £16 more expensive per month on Sky. However on BT you get access to the BT Sport Ultimate channel. This sky package I built includes no UHD access. The only major caveat is that the Sky package contains all of the HD versions of freeview channels such as ITV2,3,4, E4, Film4 etc.

If you want access to UHD content on Sky Q but not the HD versions of all availble freeview channels your cost PM increases by £8 pm and also includes a mini box. If you want access to all availble HD channels and UHD content, again with a q mini box, your cost PM increases by £12.

I think that on the whole the BT TV packages are representing slightly better value on the whole.

Interestingly Virgin Media's Ultimate Oomph bundle which includes M500 fibre broadband, 2 V6 boxes & a 'truly unlimited everything SIM' for £79 per month is imo probably the best option of the lot at this point in time.

It would certainly be interesting to know what various people in this thread are planning to do now this BT TV refresh has officially launched and what sort of packages people intend to go for.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 698 of 1,477

Presumably catch up on the new packages will be via the Now TV app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 699 of 1,477

I’m the same to be honest.  Really disappointed this morning.  

I will leave my “legacy” package as is for the time being.  If the extra channels start to drop off then I’ll have a rethink.  In the meantime, I’ll get a cheap NowTV pass as and when I need one, and use the new app.  

Looking at the alternatives, I can get all the Entertainment channels without all the faff for low £20s p/month so there are options out there when the time comes.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 700 of 1,477

I’m afraid I bring bad news. Once upgraded all the BT player does now is show BT Sport catchup and everything else is either stuff to buy or rent. There is no on demand or catchup from any of the old channels.