cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 961 of 1,477

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Wasn't there talk of it being a soft launch? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 962 of 1,477

Flexible upgrades and downgrades, so you can start at VIP and go down at the end of the football season.   Not sure if you need to plan it and give the right notice to time it spot on.   

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 963 of 1,477

I often use my Amazon fire tablet to watch BTTV while away from home. Now with the new option Now TV doesn't have any apps on Amazon fire. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Regular
Message 964 of 1,477

I have signed up to the VIP pack today. It's a 2 year contract but you can decrease and increase month by month i.e, if you don't want the sports over the summer, you can turn the sports off until you want it again.

Your broadband contract is separate to the TV so you recontract your broadband when it is due to renew. Mine is up for renewal in December so I will look at broadband deals then. 

The new TV deal is not as bad as people think. Yes you will lose some entertainment channels but Sky are rebranding channels such as the history channels and they are due to appear in NOW TV in the coming months. 

The major selling point is you can chop and change channels packages month by month. That is what people now want. If you go with Sky or Virgin, you can't do that. You have to stick with whatever package you sign up to. You can only increase not decrease your package. 

I think people will really see the benefit to this new service once anger dies down. It is a shock but BT offer something other providers don't. It's flexibility everyone now wants and BT now provide. Who really watches many of the 100's of channels you get with Sky and Virgin? A lot of them are rubbish. BT now offer the main channels people want. I think the new service is great!

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 965 of 1,477

Hi @jam2000 

Try side loading app, amazon web site shows you how it's done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 966 of 1,477

@loubear82 

Are you sure about TV and broadband being separate? When I signed up to one of the new packages it was made clear that I was also re-contracting my broadband for another 2 years.

You have to really - BT can't contract you to a 24 month TV contract unless they also contract you to a 24 month broadband contract, because the TV is only available to BT broadband customers. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 967 of 1,477

@Hooba my broadband/landline and mobile are on different contracts to my TV but when I took them out they weren't as a package. If you took TV & BB out as a pack, they might be tied together

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Regular
Message 968 of 1,477

I was told I can change my broadband/ask about offers in the last 3 months of my broadband contract. That for me will be September. The lovely lady was very informative. I wanted to get a deal/offer for my broadband but couldn't as it's too early for me to negotiate

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 969 of 1,477

Hi @loubear82 

If you just check your order confirmation email, an extract from mine shown is below.

More about your contract
You've renewed your Broadband and Calls contract for 24 months.

As part of that, we'll extend the discount you're getting at the moment for the same amount of time (meaning you'll have it for another 24 months).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 970 of 1,477

It’s clear - you sign up to a new 24 month TV package and you are also resetting your Broadband contract for another 24 months. Check your confirmation emails. If you feel you have been misled, phone them back.

0 Ratings