cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 141 of 187

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Remind us why? Unless you are listening to an alternate commentary from the radio coverage in which case you can chase-play the audio recording on another PVR (or find it syncs up quite nicely anyway with the radio online stream which is also usually a minute or so behind).

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 142 of 187

Following multiple matches on Social Media for one, in-play betting (regardless of it's desirability) for another.  

Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 143 of 187

BT TV App now upgraded to the new logo on iPad and now if you do the search thing you get same option as was showing on Android for the last two weeks. EG. search Simpsons  and I got the full option of SKY ONE HD, NOWTV, and RTE 2 etc. There was an interesting post on another site about a job vacancy advert. You can find it here. 

https://bt.taleo.net/careersection/unk_ird/jobdetail.ftl?job=126613&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Europe%2...

0 Ratings
chilton55555
Contributor
Message 144 of 187

At least gives me some encouragement that the plan to roll out NOW TV has not been shelved but as pointed out earlier on this thread the delivery spec and pricing are critical success factors regarding speed of take up. 

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 145 of 187

It’s crazy this topic is still going on....

0 Ratings
chilton55555
Contributor
Message 146 of 187

Eventually found a possible answer in an interesting article suggesting that Now TV looks like it going to be rolled out early next year 2020 along with a new BT TV box, expect an announcement during Dec 2019. See below for details. 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/10/isp-bt-preps-uk-pay-tv-relaunch-with-new-wifi-set-top-...

Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 147 of 187

@chilton55555wrote:

Eventually found a possible answer in an interesting article suggesting that Now TV looks like it going to be rolled out early next year 2020 along with a new BT TV box, expect an announcement during Dec 2019. See below for details. 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/10/isp-bt-preps-uk-pay-tv-relaunch-with-new-wifi-set-top-...

Good to have something a little more tangible than gossip/speculation/unattributable hearsay!

Hugely disappointing that, 2 weeks on from the linked article, BT customers are still given the silent treatment. I, for one, would have thought twice about upgrading recently to a "new" 4K BTTV box had I read this first.

0 Ratings
TIMSPORTSFAN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 148 of 187

Yes, I only got my 4K box this year, and am tied in until the middle of next. As I pay top whack for all the sports channels and more, I wouldn't expect to have to wait to receive the new box.

I'm sure all will become clear soon!

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 149 of 187

@RobbieMac

Is it possible to remove the Solved tag from this thread?  Plainly it is no closer to being solved today than it was when it was started.

4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 150 of 187

@TIMSPORTSFAN 

This is why I have a problem with many "out of date" advertising that BT runs on their website.

BT seems to be guilty of making many promises, such as HDR, The Terror in 4K UHD, NowTV early 2019, etc...

But what BT don't seem to get is this IS FALSE ADVERTISING!

I signed up to BT on a 18 month contract partly based on all the promised of the future service that was going around the popular media press.

0 Ratings