Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 181 of 206

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

@NigelB72 

Yes, that's also how I see it being implemented. Personally I'd most likely stick with what I have, especially at the price point I have been receiving NowTV.

@Longshanks0511 

Absolutely agree with you re Sky not wanting to risk cannibalising their own product. You make an excellent point re rewarding loyalty, sadly rather lacking nowadays across most providers.

@gomezz 

If I could record sport on NowTV (BT) like can be done now for sport on BT's channels I'd get much more for my buck. I sometimes miss the start of football matches due to work and family commitments.

Recordability (if there's any such word) versus price....I can see my brain getting screwed up weighing up the options 😂

NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 182 of 206

I've dipped in and out of entertainment passes because I've found very little on the sky exclusive channels worth watching. I'm one of the few who didn't like GOT, got bored of TWD around season 7 (after speaking with Charlie Adlard I know why it lost its way) and so far haven't found anything else to watch to justify the £8.99 a month, so I wait for offers and catch up) I'd like the flexibility of a monthly pass for Sky Sports when Leicester City have a few games on without the hassle of calling a retention team to cancel but I'd prefer not having to switch the PS4 on tune in 😂

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 183 of 206

@robotman1wrote:

@NigelB72 

Yes, that's also how I see it being implemented. Personally I'd most likely stick with what I have, especially at the price point I have been receiving NowTV.

Me too.

My McDonald's Monopoly free NOW TV passes that I stacked run out on Christmas Day, I need to find a new offer before then! 

TheRealBudski
Contributor
Message 184 of 206

Hi

Looks like more delays. This is from Sky

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/get-bt-sport-on-sky

Thanks

NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 185 of 206

They should put a press release out that states that they're incapable of putting out a NowTV product that meets BT's required standards and that BT are refusing to accept the sub standard p.o.s. that is currently available on NowTV

robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 186 of 206

Absolutely @NigelB72  I have Now TV and it's a poor 25fps which is rubbish for football. It's ok for tv shows and movies though.

NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 187 of 206

It's ok for TV series but I tried watching a fast moving film once and the picture pixelated and broke up so much, I gave up and complained but was told that my 80meg broadband wasn't good enough and that it'd work better with Sky fibre Broadband which was only 36 meg but was better because it was a direct connection 😂

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 188 of 206

One of the Hurdles has gone, 

NOW TV has launched its 1080p service today, unfortunately with only two channels in 50fps though, Main Event and Premier League. 

Will need to check the quality going forward. 

EDIT 

Also content from the Sports, Entertainment, Kids and Hayu Passes has appeared on the YouView box under the NOWTV App.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 189 of 206

Are they charging a premium? Also, they already have multiplex (IP) feeds of those available anyway so they'd just point the NowTV servers at those feeds I'd imagine 🤔

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 190 of 206

£3 per month which covers ALL Passes

0 Ratings