cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Takahashi
Contributor
Message 31 of 206

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Only watch for football and it is horrendous picture quality so the full Now TV would have been a big upgrade. The rest of the content doesn't interest me in the slightest. 

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 206

Well, any delay beyond the end of August is going to seriously impact the potential take-up of this, in my opinion.

**Edited**

This year's offer is available to all new AND EXISTING Now TV customers until 23:59 on 26th August 2019. 

My current Sports Pass expires on 24th August.  So if there is no news of the service being made available via BT TV by then, I for one will be taking up the Season Ticket offer via Now TV.  That would then lock me in to Now TV for a further 10 months until 24 June 2020, thereby making that the earliest that I would want to even consider switching to taking Now TV via BT TV. 

A shame, really, as I was genuinely excited about the idea of getting the functionality through the BT YouView box, especially with the recording capability (provided it wasn't overpriced, of course).  Given the original reference to an early 2019 launch (and then the later reference to being made available in time for the 2019/2020 Premier League Season), I was fully expecting to have some options to weigh up by now, but it looks like that's no longer going to be the case.

chilton55555
Contributor
Message 33 of 206

Not following Now TV closely I had no idea such savings could be made by buying the 10 month pass, it is something that I will need to take a serious look at. I am paying BT £36 month for 1 Sky channel and when they introduce 1080p, even if it includes a price increase it's great value for money and after reading the details I can also use the Sky Sports app to watch sport on multiple devices. It's a no brainer.  

0 Ratings
Takahashi
Contributor
Message 34 of 206

It's only a "no brainer" if Now TV improve that awful picture quality - 720 with missing frames? I have a modern 4k tv so a bit reluctant to pay anything for a service that looks like horse poo and makes me feel sea sick!
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 206

@chilton55555 

I'm not sure what the terms are now for accessing the Sky Sports app as a NowTV customer but when I had it last season access to the app was somewhat limited with a lot of the content unavailable to NowTV subscribers.

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 206

I cancelled Sky Sports through BT two years ago when it was £27 per month in SD or £34 (I think) in HD for just Main Event (and Sports Extra, which is rarely used)

I agree with @Takahashi that they DO need to improve the picture quality - the main issue is not so much that it is 720p, though (rather than 1080p), but the fact that it runs at 25fps rather than 50fps.  This is noticeable on my 4K TV as well, but on balance I felt it offered better value for money overall, especially when you add in the convenience of being able to watch it on the go on multiple devices (up to 6 can be registered, with any 2 in use at the same time).

As I travel a lot on business, it means I have been able to watch it on my phone, tablet or laptop (connected to a hotel TV) when staying away.  The overall cost and flexibility were worth it for me despite the compromise in picture quality.

0 Ratings
chilton55555
Contributor
Message 37 of 206

Thanks for that info, much appreciated as I also have a 4K TV, may need to re-think my plans

0 Ratings
TIMSPORTSFAN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 206

The picture quality concerns me. I have a QLED 4K TV and streaming sport produces a noticeable degradation. I really don't see why BT can't offer a package where we can get the Sky Sports channels by the normal means, without relying on Now TV.

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 206

There's a very simple reason why BT can't do that @TIMSPORTSFAN. For that to happen Sky would have to strike a deal with BT to allow them to show the channels in that manner, BT can't just sell the channels without Sky's consent. Hopefully by the years end (fingers crossed) you will be able to access Sky's channels in a manner in which they can be recorded, something you can't currently achieve via NowTV, when the announced cross supply deal finally becomes a reality.  

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 206

i got now tv on box all i got my bt boxs lf i go for move i go to the bt box but for sport i go to my now tv boxs but i like to know when we going to get the fall nowtv on bt i read on few forum at we will not get it till the end for the year i was hopeing to see it on bt before the football stsarted on the 10th aug this year but it look we not going to get oue wiss .

0 Ratings