cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tweetSP0RT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 206

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

I don't disagree about asking CS except when it comes to potentially misleading customers then there is an issue.  I for instance was offered to add SS Main Event to my package when taking it out but said I'd wait and see about the Now TV deal.  Then when there was no sign I decided to add it but turns out I can't because I have a second box (this is when I was told we'd get details of the Now TV deal in the last week of July with it launching in August).   

Now of course it's caveat emptor etc. but well briefied CS advisors is something that all firms should have.  Working in a for a a large financial services company one of the things  we analyse how are our customers are treated by the front end advsiors.   Feedback along theses lines would be a big red flag indicating the need for better training.

chilton55555
Contributor
Message 52 of 206

If you ask to speak to BT TV sales advisors I usually find they are more up with future developments and implementation dates. However they could not confirm start date for this product. Surprised the press have not started to become interested in the delay as yet  

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 206

@tweetSP0RT That was one wierd conversation you had with someone who it would appear didn't have a clue what you were talking about. This is what happens online or over the phone when they haven't been read in to what the current situation is nevermind the future.

I am 100% of the same belief as @Andy005 when he says passes bought directly from NowTV won't work with BTTV as they have always mentioned 'buying directly from BT'. I wouldn't be surprised however if you could use those passes to access the app BUT need to subscribe via BT for access to the channels on the epg, although that would most likely be very messy in implementation.

I have always reminded people that 'tv speak' doesn't always match up to the real world. 'Autumn' in TV Land can quite easily stretch into the following year.

@TIMSPORTSFAN Unfortunately delays are inevitable when streaming. Next time there's a match on BT Sport on your box stick on 5Live radio commentary to witness the delay. It happens regardless of streaming service, whether on app or tv.

@chilton55555 Regarding 1080p. IF NowTV is being delivered in its current 25fps (frame rate) rather than being upped to 50fps it won't matter a toss if it's 1080p or the current 720p. They need to be providing 50fps streams. You only have to look at their own forum pages to see that. What is needed is 1080p/50fps, you only need to compare the two apps to see the difference.

Something to note, NowTV also promised Full HD by the end of 2018 and didn't deliver, so saying they'll deliver before the end of 2019 could just be another one of their pipe dreams.

I am one such person who sees the benefit in recording 'live' sports. I currently do it with the football on BT Sport where I can sit down 15 - 20 minutes after the first half begins, watch from the start, and then jump 15 minutes at half time to go 'almost live' for the second half. No half time break or rambling punditry to put up with 😀

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 206

I think the article @chilton55555  you are quoting is from  earlier in May rather than a current statement. 

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 206

@chilton55555When I mentioned to an adviser recently when re-contracting that I was eagerly waiting on NowTV for the sports he just laughed and said 'It's going to be a bit of a wait I'm afraid'.

0 Ratings
chilton55555
Contributor
Message 56 of 206

Thanks for that  @zulu17 I was indeed referring to the May 19 statement can you please advise what the current statement is and where I may find it, Many thanks 

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 57 of 206

There's been a statement of sorts on the NOW TV forums, which I paraphrase here.

It appears some of the new features and functionality of their platform which includes streaming in 1080p was made available recently to a select group of their customers with NOW TV devices to make sure they were ready for a full launch. They don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so they're going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

No date is mentioned further in the post as to when these direct to customer tests will recommence. 

I won't link to the post here, but it should be easy to find. 

Not withstanding the fact that eighteen full months has passed since NOW TV HD was announced as coming in a Sky Press Release, some of our assumptions that BT might be lagging with the introduction on BTTV seems likely to be inaccurate assuming that the official statement, which is from one of their moderators on their forum is truthful. 

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 206

The statement on the NowTV site says "later in the year" which is exactly the same phrase used in the earlier statement within this forum. Sounds like they're covering each others' backs now. What a fiasco this supposed cross supply deal has turned into. Farcical! Anyone taking bets on this not happening this season at all?

0 Ratings
TIMSPORTSFAN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 206

@robotman1  I realise delays are inevitable when streaming - that's one of the things that makes this so frustrating.  BT should have negotiated to sell all the Sky Sports channels in the same manner as Main Event. The delay is negligible over IPTV (logon to Bet365 and check the In Play time). 

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 60 of 206

Now TV pauses Full HD trials. Found this story on www.rxtvlog.com Looks like along wait is in order. 

0 Ratings