cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chilton55555
Contributor
Message 61 of 206

Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Thanks  @Bluemoon1.  That looks like the genuine reason, it looks like the idea to provide NOW TV in HD could now be dead in the water.  Bearing this in mind why cannot Sky reciprocate what BT has done for Sky viewer and offer it's Sky Sports HD package to BT TV customers?

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 206

Let's hope NowTV in HD is not dead as from what I've been told by someone inside Sky (a Sky technical analyst) that NowTV will not launch on BTTV until HD is sorted on NowTV devices.

NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 206

does this mean that Sky won't be allowed to wholesale BT Sport as they've completely ****** up their side of the deal?

0 Ratings
tweetSP0RT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 206

@NigelB72wrote:

does this mean that Sky won't be allowed to wholesale BT Sport as they've completely ****** up their side of the deal?

Well they’ve just started wholesaling BT Sport and Premier Sports in Ireland so you’d assume the deal isn’t completely dead just delayed again.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 206

I think Ireland is on a different deal cos that used to go through another company 🤔

0 Ratings
tweetSP0RT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 206

Yeah I know it was through Eir (I think) but I’d assumed it was all agreed at the same time that Sky would take over selling BT/Premier on their platform.  Of course all the communication around this deal has been very vague so it wouldn’t be the biggest shock to find out in a few weeks it’s all off.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 206

it wouldn't surprise me because Sky haven't exactly been vocal about UK deals with BT Sport...

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 68 of 206

Personally I think Sky want access to BT Sports, more than BT want NowTV.
Years back the Youview platform supported NowTV, It only stopped because Sky were being charged £250k per year for the platform, so it shouldn't be too difficult to resume support from BT's end.

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 206

The Irish and UK deals are completely seperate from each other. So far Sky have come out on top as in a roundabout way they've secured all the Premier League games in Ireland with their wholesaling of BT Sport and Premier.

What surprises me is Sky not pushing harder to get the UK deal in place by the beginning of the Champions/Europa Leagues group stages. On the other hand, as someone pointed out on the Sky forum, you can already receive BT Sport on Sky by purchasing direct from BT. It's us BT customers that are losing out as we can't access all the Sky Sports channels via BTTV.

@-Richie-I'd say BT need NowTV as it means customers being able to directly access NowTV content, and for the first time be able to record it, via their BT sub. As BT Sport can be purchased to view on the Sky platform as is then currently Sky have the more attractive offering. I know a few people who are already talking of changing their services to Sky and dropping BT altogether, especially if NowTV doesn't arrive any time soon.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 206

from a purely personal point of view, i wouldn't touch sky and highly doubt that i'd subscribe to Sky Sports via BT anyway as i find that the majority of the football games sky show generally tend to be quite dull.. If i want to watch the occasional Sky game, i'll go to the pub or by a day pass on NowTV.

With regards to the other Sky channels, most of them seem to full of utter tosh and there's now talk of them losing all the HBO content so what will become of Atlantic. All the new Walking Dead spin offs and all new AMC content is going direct on AMC. 

0 Ratings