Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidasutton
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Getting AMC and National Geographic on BT Vision

Go to solution

According to my BT package, I should be able to get the AMC channel and possibly National Geographic, but I can't see the channel numbers advertised in my TV guide. Any suggestions, please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Getting AMC and National Geographic on BT Vision

Go to solution

Hi, what BT TV package do you have?

Stew

0 Ratings
davidasutton
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Stew,

My TV package is "TV Essential". The Active Ad-Ons has AMC ticked, but I can't see thc channel station on my TV guide. Regards, David.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @davidasutton

there is a page which upon selecting the relevant link does list the available/included channels in each package. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52653/~/what-channels-and-bolt-ons-you-get-with-the-d...

A couple of questions

If you open  the BT Player on the Youview box  and select Catch Up  and scroll down do you see a Browse by Channel section and is AMC listed there and if you select it do you see the AMC on Demand programmes and if you do can you play any of them ?

Do you know your broadband speed ?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Deleted. Zulu got in before me.

Stew

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Another point. Has it worked in the past or have you recently taken this package.?

Stew

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

So what do you see on channels 317, 373 and 381 on your BT box?

@davidasuttonwrote:

According to my BT package, I should be able to get the AMC channel and possibly National Geographic, but I can't see the channel numbers advertised in my TV guide. Any suggestions, please?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Using the remote control for your BT box; Press the Guide button followed by the blue button then use the arrow keys to highlight Subscribed, only the channels included in your subscription will be displayed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@davidasutton I'm sorry to see you're not able to see the AMC channel which should be provided as part of your package. I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact the moderators and we'll be happy to look into this for you.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

AMC comes in 2 versions, depending on your broadband speed, copper or fibre customers  :

Slow broadband = AMC on demand only
Faster broadband = AMC channel shown live and on demand

Nat Geo is a premium channel not included as part of Essential, you need Entertainment starter or above and have fibre broadband.