Gold HD and Vice channels launch today

So Gold HD and Vice channels launch today
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
wizriz
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Gold HD and Vice channels launch today

Great. Now when is BT going to allow me to consume these channels on my Samsung TV or mobile device without needing to pay for a set top box which I do not need or want?
0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Erm, do you have a TV subscription then?
0 Ratings
wizriz
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Not anymore. A big chunk of the subscription is to pay for the set top box. There is a very good BTTV app for Samsung TV, but you can't use it unless you have a set top box! Bonkers!
0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Okay......well your telly should be able to receive all the "Free"view channels, but to get the "Subscription" channels, surprisingly you have to pay a "Subscription"..otherwise most of BT's customers wouldn't bother with the box either, myself included and save ourselves some money... As for your mobile devices there are plenty of Apps available (UK TV Play for one) that will let you stream the "Free" channels for nothing.

0 Ratings
wizriz
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

You are missing the point. There is plenty of BT TV content (both subscription and rental/buy to own) that I would happily pay a reasonable price for - I just don't want to pay an inflated subscription for a box. As things stand I can buy a movie from Google without having to pay for a box. But with BT I can't.
0 Ratings
wizriz
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

You are missing the point. There is plenty of BT TV content (both subscription and rental/buy to own) that I would happily pay a reasonable price for - I just don't want to pay an inflated subscription for a box that gives me things I can get for free elsewhere. As things stand I can buy a movie from Google without having to pay for a box. But with BT I can't.
0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

So to clarify what you are saying is there should be a BT Store APP?

0 Ratings