cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

HD Channels

Go to solution

Any help on why we don't see any HD picture? We get the programmes, but no picture shows on any HD channel. The cables are fine. Since we got this new TV, the HD channels don't show picture, although it allows us to press any HD channel. Standard programmes are fine, but when wanting to use HD channels. No picture. Everything was fine on the old TV. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: HD Channels

Go to solution

Freeview channels or internet channels or both?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

From what I know. We use an aerial. Lead that goes into the BT Box > Into the TV. (Scartlead). The HD channels come up, but no picture shows, no sound either. Just black screen. Our standard non HD channels work fine. Anything with HD doesn't show picture. So I'm not sure if it's to do with the Scartlead or the TV. As the old one we had was fine. HD channels had picture. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Janssen you need to connect to the TV by HDMI not SCART... Scart won't carry the HD signal due to HD copy protection

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

We've sorted it now. The issue was to do with the aerial cable in the BT Box. Was given weak signal due to the positioning of it. The Scartlead had nothing to do with the issue. Thanks for the help. 

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
The point stands though that you gain no benefit from watching the HD version of a channel over the SD version if using a SCART cable connection to the TV.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

LOL, watching a HD channel in SD via a scart lead basically defeats the objective of watching an HD channel anyway. Why would anyone choose to uses scart leads these days?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Presumably they have a very old TV set and are not up to speed on how modern TV technology works. Heard of HD so just assume that it is "good thing" which they can get if they have an HD capable box to connect to their TV.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I agree with @gomezz  @NigelB72 and @MJH62    you should not be using scart for watching anything in HD. As said HDMI cable connected to your TV from the box. You will get better picture and sound from using an HDMI cable. When watching anything in HD.

HDMI cables dont cost as much as they used to. Just avoid buying some of the ones that are on sale in the likes of Poundland.

You will also find some TVs made in the last few years no longer have a scart connection at the back of the TV.

Darren

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
I guess you are right. I'm sure if the 4k box had a scart output some people would use it to watch BT Sport Ultimate!
0 Ratings