cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meason
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

HD channels gone?

Has anyone else lost channels since the new channels branding with extra sky channels now appearing on the channel guide. As I no longer have Discovery HD or Comedy Central HD anymore with a msg saying “you need to set up or add it to your TV package” I’ve had these channels for years so why have they suddenly been removed without notice from my package? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: HD channels gone?

@Meason  Still got them on 376 Discovery. HD.  . and 370 Comedy Central HD. I’m on legacy package not the now tv versions. 

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

@Measonwrote:

Has anyone else lost channels since the new channels branding with extra sky channels now appearing on the channel guide. As I no longer have Discovery HD or Comedy Central HD anymore with a msg saying “you need to set up or add it to your TV package” I’ve had these channels for years so why have they suddenly been removed without notice from my package? 

The "legacy" channels are not part of the Now TV "upgrade", which is why many of us in a contract are continuing with our legacy packages and using Now TV passes to use through the Now TV app, (not viewable on the Youview EPG though).  If the legacy channels are important to you, and you were originally on a contract, then you can revert back to your original package. If not you can subscribe to the Classic Entertainment pack at £10 per month, but you won't be able to add the Now TV bolt on's. Yes I know it sucks but that's the way it is.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Meason  which TV package are you currently on ? Have you made any changes recently ?

0 Ratings
Meason
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I’m on the MAX HD package, no not made any changes 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Measonwrote:

I’m on the MAX HD package, no not made any changes 

I am on the same package. I lost all of my subscription channels the day before the new packages were launched but they were restored with the next (automatic) update of my BT TV box.

I am reasonably sure I am not missing any channels but admit I have not tried them all; the total number of available tuned channels has gone up, making the before and after comparison more difficult, but I believe any increase is due to all the Now TV channels being integrated in the EPG (whether you subscribe to them or not).

0 Ratings
Meason
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I shall try updating the software to see if that works then.

0 Ratings