cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteA57
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Help needed re switch to new VIP package

Hi we're currently BT customers - Broadband, Landline and BT Sport, although the latter is received via our Sky Satellite subscription along with the full package of Sky services. We also have Sky multi-room with two Sky boxes etc. Before switching to BT VIP we have a number of questions which I'm hoping the community can help answer.

1. Will the broadband speed we have locally have a bearing on whether we'll be able to make the switch and what sort of speed will we require?

2. Will we be able to watch different channels in different rooms of the house to replicate the current multi-room set-up?

3. What other questions should we be asking before making the decision?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NeilO
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help needed re switch to new VIP package

Hi PeteA57, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

1. Yes to get the BT sport Ultimate 4k channel you'll need a minimum of 44Mb you can still go for the VIP package if your speed is below this but you won't get the 4K channel. 
  2. There is an Extra box add-on you can request for an additional £5 per month this will be the standard version of the box.
  3. You can check what TV plans are available for you if you use the checker on this link. A TV aerial is also required for the freeview channels so that is something that you'll need to take into consideration also. If you've any further questions just ask. 
0 Ratings
PeteA57
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help needed re switch to new VIP package

Thanks for the fast and clear response - how do I check what my broadband speed is and also the accuracy of that measurement over say a 24 hour or 7 day cycle?

0 Ratings