cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Caher
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

How can i get sky sport just for 1 month?

Hi,

i just want sky sport for a month and the now tv app on bt does not support sport and the quality is very poor if i use chomecast, so 1 option is to have just use for a month? Is this possible?

thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Message 2 of 10

Re: How can i get sky sport just for 1 month?

@Caher Thanks for posting, Sky Sports Main Event has a one month minimum term on a 30 day rolling contract.  So to cancel you need to give 30 days’ notice if you're removing it. It would then be ceased at the end of those 30 days.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Watch out as BT have a habit of removing it the day you ask for it to be removed and then charging you up to the 30 day notice period. A browse of the forum will show this happens fairly often.
0 Ratings
Caher
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Yes thanks, this is why I asked this happened to me too some time ago. I was told that if I need it for 1 month I should call then the next day cancel and it would run its course for a month but they took my money and I had no sky!

0 Ratings
Caher
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

So to be clear: if I want to watch the rugby Internationals for June I order sky now and cancel Monday and the 30 days will run to the end of the 30-day period?

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

As soon as you cance it’ll go off(most likely!) and you’ll pay for 30 days. If you only want to watch one day it’ll be much cheaper to buy a nowtv sports pass and watch on one of their devices. You can get the box and a months sport for less than BT charge for one months sport.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

I suspect you would when cancelling need to specify the date presumably 30 days hence that you want the bolton removed otherwise a simple cancel instruction could result in the removal of the  bolt on being actioned straightaway.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 8 of 10

@Caherwrote:

Yes thanks, this is why I asked this happened to me too some time ago. I was told that if I need it for 1 month I should call then the next day cancel and it would run its course for a month but they took my money and I had no sky!

I'm guessing that if you make it clear to them from the start that you want to give 30 days notice, as opposed to telling them that you want to cancel, then you should be OK. Just to be on the safe side you could ask them to confirm your instructions by email so that you have it in writing.

0 Ratings
ankit3302
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

It can be added for any multiple period of months. So yeah, you can add it for a single month. The Sports pack will cost some dollars extra per month but as stated above just remember to cancel it the following day or even later in the same day as you add it. Even if you dont you will only be charged for the number of days (beyond the min. 31 days) that you use it.

If you do happen to get an offer on it (ask for it anyhow) just remember to give 31 days notice of cancelling otherwise the cost reverts to the full monthly cost again.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Did this a while ago and rang to cancel the next day, as has been said they cancelled the lot and had to ring in a few times to get it reinstated. Also bear in mind that if you record any programs they can only be watched whilst you still have the pack active.
0 Ratings