cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

How do I watch Alibi or how do I not be a pirate? More a rant than a question to be fair

I switched packages when Now TV was available. I should have waited but there you go. It was only afterwards I found out about losing certain channels. In the emails that came after switching it did say that some channels would be lost but never specified, I should have checked, my bad, mea culpa. 

I'd like to watch Eurosport when sport actually happens again so I'll have to pay extra for the app.

I'd like to watch the new show on Alibi (We Hunt Together) but we don't get that channel now. I can't get Virgin or Sky (hence me being with BT TV) and it's not on UKTV Play....

I've never condoned piracy before but if you leave people with no legal way of viewing what do you expect?

Is there any legal way to watch this show? Stop me being a pirate please

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I watch Alibi or how do I not be a pirate? More a rant than a question to be fair

hello i am still on max hd and this runs out in december (unless bt force me off sooner )as its no longer available , i too will miss uktv channels and others but not all is lost for me as my mother has sky and that comes with sky go .i downloaded sky go to my ps4 and log in using her details as she is 84 and will never use sky go. i now can watch most of the channels that will be lost , i can't record them  but i can watch them 

Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: How do I watch Alibi or how do I not be a pirate? More a rant than a question to be fair

Nice one. Where there's a will there's a way
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 7

Hi @IanLatham ,

At present, BT are offering a Classic Entertainment package: https://www.bt.com/packages/classic which offers the original channels, Eurosport, Alibi etc.  but not the Now TV channels within it. 

If you would like any more information, please send me a private message and more than happy to discuss with you. 

Which option is most suitable for you will be down to personal preference. Thank you,

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Gemma I'm not sure the answer is to change my package again even if I were allowed to do that penalty free. The advertising is and was a bit misleading "VIP– for those who want everything TV has to offer and more". Everything? I checked the website again this morning and it still doesn't say anything anywhere about Alibi not being in the VIP mix but in your Best of TV page on the website it's advertising "We Hunt Together" on Alibi.

I just think that BT should be more transparent. I realise I'm stuck with the package I've got and will check things through more thoroughly in the future which is why it was more a rant than a question.

The basic message is 

1. don't call the VIP package "for those who want everything TV has to offer and more". It's not
  2. don't advertise a channel which you can't get if you go for one of the flexible packages or at least say that somewhere in the website. On the same page that BT are running that excellent piece about We Hunt Together there is an advertisement for the entertainment package THAT CAN'T WATCH THE PROGRAMME. It's crazy and misleading.

Have a great day 😊

Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

You are not alone in challenging BT when it comes to the clarity and honesty in their new offering, but it is not going to change so options are as follows:

1. Ask to move to the Classic Entertainment pack mentioned above and supplement your viewing by buying discounted NOW TV passes directly from NOW TV and watching through the app on the BT TV box. 
  2. Change to the £10 per month "Entertainment Pack" until your contract expires and move your TV viewing to Sky or Virgin Media if possible. I have moved to Sky Q (mentioned in this thread), do not pay the prices on the website, make sure you call to get a deal.
  3. Buy the DVD/Blu-Ray when it comes out.

Unfortunately Alibi (and quite a few other channels), has been withdrawn from TV Player so that was your only other legal option out the window.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks all good options...well apart from #2. I'm somewhere that can't get either Sky or Virgin. I'm going to wait and watch it later once it's available in some other format, digital or disc.
Agreed about them not changing but the misleading advertising drives me nuts so I'll probably bang on about it a bit longer hehe