cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satnam_s
Message 1 of 12

How to access BT Sport on Samsung SmartTV via freeview ariel (channels 57, 58, 89)

I have a Samsung SmartTV LED 7000 series. I can access BT Sport via my PC and iPod. However BT Sport appears to be available on channels 57, 58, 59 on Freeview via an ariel (and would provide better quailty and convience).

How do I go about accessing these channel, as they currently appear to be scrambled?

I have a CI slot on the back of the tv, so presume I need a CI card? If so, how do I go about requesting/purchasing one

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NOTE: I have read other forum questions, and not looking to access via the tv web browser (as not silverlight supported), smarthub apps fuctions on the tv etc. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: How to access BT Sport on Samsung SmartTV via freeview ariel (channels 57, 58, 89)

Aerial bt sports channels only available via a bt vision box & card.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Re: How to access BT Sport on Samsung SmartTV via freeview ariel (channels 57, 58, 89)

the slot on the samsung won't work with a card for btsports and as you have found out it will not work with your tv browser either

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

BT will only sell you a card to go with a BT Vision box, which means you would need a subscription to BT Vision to get it.

0 Ratings
aew17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy phone (SII and above)? - If so, consider downloading the Android app and getting a MHL cable http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sport-on-my-Samsung-Smart-TV/td-p/881972/page/4 - I have ordered one with the idea of running my android app on the TV.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 12

Maybe an Apple TV would be more appropriate?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
yottie
Message 7 of 12

Another alternative is to buy a Rikomagic mini computer that you plug into the HDMI port of your TV and power from a USB lead.  As it runs in Android you can install the BT Sport app and away you go.  I have a Rikomagic plugged into my Samsung TV and also use for internet radio.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 12

@yottie wrote:

Another alternative is to buy a Rikomagic mini computer that you plug into the HDMI port of your TV and power from a USB lead.  As it runs in Android you can install the BT Sport app and away you go.  I have a Rikomagic plugged into my Samsung TV and also use for internet radio.

People are reporting the Rikomagic only displays in 4:3 and puts the picture on the Left-Hand side of the screen

The Apple TV does fullscreen HD 🙂

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Or, with Samsung smartphone or tablet, access the BT Sports app and use screen mirroring (TV) and All Share Cast (Phone/Tablet) to send the image to your TV.

0 Ratings
jonjo99
Message 10 of 12

@JohnSound wrote:

Or, with Samsung smartphone or tablet, access the BT Sports app and use screen mirroring (TV) and All Share Cast (Phone/Tablet) to send the image to your TV.

Hi,

Does this method work ok? I've got a Samsumg Galaxy phone & Samsung smart tv & am looking at getting BT Sport. Just wondering if this method works & what the quality is like? Thanks

0 Ratings