cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

IPC6023

Go to solution

Good evening, 

After my bt tv working fine with no issues, suddenly I’m getting this error message on all the channels. 

To confirm, I’m connected viv Ethernet, I’ve rebooted the bt router and bt uhd box multiple times, the box is up to date and my broadband speed is 200mps download and 50mps upload.

anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: IPC6023

Go to solution

@Danrobbo65 I'm really sorry about that. The IPC6023 is normally reporting a connection speed error. Do you have FTTP broadband, if so can you try turning the white Openreach ONT box on and off to see if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi. Thanks for the prompt response @NeilO I do have FTTP so turned white box on and off and still getting IPC6023.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, @Danrobbo65 I'm sorry that didn't work.  Is the ethernet connection between the hub and the BT TV box a direct-wired connection or are you using powerline connectors?

Also, have you tried a different ethernet cable? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

I do have a spare network cable, but I’m checking settings, it shows I am connected to the hub and the internet, with IP addresses shown in the advanced settings, so I’m unsure a new cable will resolve.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Sorry forgot to say, not using powerline, but directly connected. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Danrobbo65, thanks for the update. Neil asked to try another ethernet cable just so we can eliminate that as the cause of the error.

Also, try the below steps and see if they resolve the fault.
Power cycle the ONT
then restart your Hub
Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
Restart your TV box, using the power switch on the back
Now check if you still receive the error
If you're watching an HD version of a channel, switch to the standard version.
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
I’ve suddenly started seeing this a lot this week in FTTP; never before.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, @MarkLeics I'm sorry to see you're getting an IPC6023 error. Have you followed the checks @JohnC2 has posted above?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution
Yes all those checks done. The only fix is to restart the FTTP terminal but I’ve never had to do this before and it only seems to have started being a regular issue in the last week. I’m on a 900MB service and everything else I’m the house is working fine, just this nuisance of a TV box it seems to have become.
0 Ratings