cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

ITV4HD 10 minutes behind LIVE

Go to solution

At 8.10pm ITV4HD on the Pro box was showing Man United and Reading players gathering in the tunnel. On Freesat the game was in it's 10th minute. Needless to say I'm watching on Freesat. I'm aware of delays with internet delivered channels BUT a 10 to 15 minute delay? That's laughable.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: ITV4HD 10 minutes behind LIVE

Go to solution

I agree yes there is a delay with internet live channels but  10 to 15 mins delay for live channels is not good.

I have watched BBC News HD via iPlayer and Sky News HD via the Now app and both channels have at lest a 30/40 seconds delay. Compared to watching the channels on Freeview using the Youview box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

That sounds like a technical issue from the host broadcaster because the IP channels via the EPG are delivered by Multicast so they're as close to live as you can technically get without being in the stadium. The delay shouldn't be any more than you'd get on Sky, Virgin etc etc 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
No delay on my TV for last night's match on ITV4 in HD. The multicast is pretty close, timewise, to the broadcast (SD only) via the aerial in my experience.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

After I saw this post and while the football was still on I checked this using my Box Pro in IPTV mode and the delay was no more than 30 seconds compared to the satellite feed.

@why_oh_whywrote:

At 8.10pm ITV4HD on the Pro box was showing Man United and Reading players gathering in the tunnel. On Freesat the game was in it's 10th minute. Needless to say I'm watching on Freesat. I'm aware of delays with internet delivered channels BUT a 10 to 15 minute delay? That's laughable.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@ChrisB   @ozsat 

Shortly after my post the delay was corrected by ITV. I contacted ITV directly who were able to confirm there was a technical hitch which they eventually rectified early in the first half of the game. They've given me 12 months free ITVX access as a 'thank you' for my diligence 😂  Result all round I'd say 😁