cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peskdale61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Indycar failed to record - last minute timing change

My Youview box has failed to record Indycar this evening. The program start time was moved forward last-minute, and this resulted in the recording failing to start.

Very unhappy, as I was going to start watching the recording starught after tonight's MotoGP has finished.

Please can you pass this onto the relevant team - a change to program start time should not cause a scheduled Youview recording to be dropped like this!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Indycar failed to record - last minute timing change

Was the recording set as a series recording or as a single recording. If a single recording what was the original start time that the programme was set for ?

0 Ratings
peskdale61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Single recording - originally scheduled for 20:00. Program was moved forward to 19:55 at some point early evening.

My Youview box completely dropped the scheduled record. I wouldn’t have minded had the recording started at the original time, but no recording ever started.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

@peskdale61 The restart of the race that was red flagged yesterday is currently about to be  broadcast on the BT Sport ESPN  channel.

0 Ratings
peskdale61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@zulu17I am aware. However, that is no consolation for the fact that my Youview box failed to record in the first place. Had the race not been red flagged, I would have missed it entirely.

Recordings should not be being dropped last minute like this - especialy on BT’s own sports channels.
0 Ratings
peskdale61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

This just happened again. Program has been delayed due to an overrunning football match, and the scheduled record has been completely dropped!

Luckily I was able to spot it in time and readd the recording, but this is rediculous. Someone from BT really needs to look at this... happens far too often. 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I had Indy Car on Series Link and noticed the time change but it did start recording whilst I was watching on 431. I had another recording due to start on AMC at 9, and bizarrely my STB turned over to AMC at 9pm. I skipped through the Guide to find that the STB had cancelled my HD recording of Indy Car and replaced it with a one off SD recording.

If there is a schedule change then the STB shouldn't default to an SD recording, but I suppose any recording is better than none. Schedule changes and recording is a weak point of the YouView box.

0 Ratings