cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Ipc6023 bt pro box issue

Go to solution

Hi

yesterday I switched on as usual and received an ipc6023 message from each channel stating there is an issue with my broadband. Have reset everything but it still does not work. I know the connection is ok as I am on fibre receiving 300mbs + and the Netflix app works on the box but no normal or subscription channels by streaming. They are sending an engineer but not until next Wednesday!

Any advice appreciated

thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ipc6023 bt pro box issue

Go to solution

IPC6023 is probably the most complained about error on this forum, it refers to a multicast error and doesn't affect any of the apps because, unlike the streamed channels, they don't use multicast.

Search IPC6023 from the search box above and you will find a plethora of information to help you resolve it

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you Les. I have read through a number of the posts and actioned what I can at home and I still have the same issue. I believe it’s an external issue so was hoping someone may be able to assist remotely?

cheers anyway

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If you've eliminated the connection between your hub and the TV box then there's likely nothing more that you can do and most probably nothing to be gained by an engineers visit either. More likely it's an external fault but fortunately it's one which the mods on here ( @NeilO  ) are well familiar with. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Les

yes hopefully one of the mods may be able to assist once the holidays are over. 

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Kibbs2 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're seeing the 6023 error message. I've dropped you a private message now so you can send over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Engineer visited today and checked everything and even tried a new box to no avail. He said it is a BT software issue. I received a text after he left saying everything should be working when it still isn’t. Reported it again and apparently they are referring it to their technical team. 10 days now since the fault appeared and unfortunately still no streaming of channels apart from through apps. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

To be frank, you are wasting your time reporting it to customer services you'll just keep going around in ever decreasing circles until ......... (I'll leave the rest to your imagination).

Your best bet is to respond to the the private message from @DavidM if you haven't already done so.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Kibbs2 ,

Thanks foe letting me know this is sorted. Just to update the thread it was an issue at the exchange which the engineers resolved.

Cheers

David