cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Is BT Sport contract only available to BT Broadband customers?

Go to solution

Good afternoon, 

I've just been trying to sign up for the BT Sport 24-month contract at £15 a month, but it's not letting me go to checkout unless I add BT Broadband. Am I just being daft, or is BT Sport on contract only available to BT Broadband customers? It appears to offer it on a month-by-month basis for £25, but not the contract version.

It seems strange that BT would effectively prevent new customers from buying their product just because they're not existing customers. I already have a decent Broadband deal with another company and have no desire to switch, but only making the Sport TV package available on contract to existing customers seems rather odd, unless of course I've missed something.

Can anyone confirm if this is actually the case?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is BT Sport contract only available to BT Broadband customers?

Go to solution

as you are not a BT broadband customer then only the month by month £25 is available to you.  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. 

Most companies offer decent deals to entice new customers, so it seems a bit strange that BT are actually only offering their worst deal to new customers (presumably to force them into buying Broadband). 

I'll have a think about it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Without BT Broadband you can have :

A monthly sports pass which gives app access and the online player.
BT Sport on Sky Platform  - 12 month or rolling 30 day contract available - An active Sky subscription is required, also includes app and online player access.
BT Sport on Talktalk - Rolling 30 day contract, also includes app and online player access.

Another option is free BT Sport on mobile, you need a qualifying BT Mobile subscription, it's mobile only so no online player access and casting is not supported.

0 Ratings