cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolasS
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Is HD & 4K (£5 pm) add on available on the Big Entertainment package?

Go to solution

I've just opted to change my BT TV package. I did have VIP but with the break in the football I decided to downgrade to the Big Entertainment package.  I went though all the options and chose to keep BT Sport for the UCL/UEL and I also picked the HD & 4K (£5 pm).  The total came to £40 pm. However once I had completed the purchase, my email to confirm stated that my new package didn't include the HD & 4K add on. A check of my tv channels has confirmed this too.

I've tried ringing all numbers that are mentioned on here to ask the question, but to no avail. 

Am I stuck on SD for the next 30 days or can this be changed?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is HD & 4K (£5 pm) add on available on the Big Entertainment package?

Go to solution

Yes the HD & 4K £5 a month add on can be added to the Big Entertainment Pack. I have the Big Entertainment Pack with that HD and 4K add on.

You could have temp cancelled BT Sport as the HD and 4K add on seems to include BT Sport in HD via the EPG. All you would have lost is the SD versions of BT Sport. Plus you would loss Access the live BT Sports channel va the app.

You also get Sky Sports News with the Big Entertainment pack.

Darren

0 Ratings
NicolasS
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@ney  it must have been a glitch when the order went through. All my HD channels are now showing as no longer subscribed too.

Update.

I've gone back in to my offers and the HD & 4K add on is now showing. I click add to basket, but when it moves on to the check out the basket is empty.  

Could a mod help?

0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@NicolasS  hope you get it sorted. I sure one of the mods could look in to this  for you.

I don't have a 4K TV but HD looks very good on both my Samsung full HD smart TVs.
My sister uses the Now TV app using my account on her 4K Samsung smart TV and the HD on Now TVa app looks really good as her TV upscales the HD to look near 4K.
I love the Big Entertainment package with HD add on. I did at first miss not having Alibi, W and Eurosport but have got used to not having the channels.

Have had the Big Entertainment pack with HD add on just over 5 months now since moving from the old Entertainment Max HD package. 

Darren

JohnC2
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @NicolasS sorry that you can't get the HD added back to your account. You would be best to call in and speak with customer services and they should be able to add this very quickly for you.

cheers

John

NicolasS
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
@JohnC2 I will keep trying.
Cheers
Nick
0 Ratings
NicolasS
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

So after speaking to someone in Sheffield who couldn't help i got put through to a Aberdeen.  The person there created a new order and added the HD add on.  I got my order number and I went away happy.

Checked the email confirmation and the same thing has happened again.  No change and no sign of the HD add on.  Checked the channels on the box after the update and still no better off. 

Something is blocking me from ordering this add on, I wish now I hadn't even bothered.

I'm going to have to try and go back to the VIP package at this rate 🤔

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @NicolasS thanks for trying that and sorry it hasn't worked. I was hoping that this would have sorted out your HD quickly for you. If you would like our help with this I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mods. We are very busy at the moment so it will take longer than normal for us to get back to you.

thanks

John