cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Is there a way to get Apple TV on my BT Box?

I have BT TV. It used to be on a box and remote that said Youview but I've recently had an upgrade and despite looking completely identical to my old ones, the box and remote no longer say Youview on them so I'm not sure if it's a Youview box anymore.

Anyway, my question is, is there anyway I can download the AppleTV app onto my BT TV box and watch AppleTV?

I have a smart TV but it's 7 years old and doesn't have an app store on it so I can't download Appletv directly onto the TV itself. So I was wondering if there's a way to download it onto the BT Box and watch it that way?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is there a way to get Apple TV on my BT Box?

Hi @Tantalum no. BT/Youview control which apps are included, you cannot add apps yourself.

Stew

Message 3 of 8

The cheapest and easiest way to add unavailable apps like Apple TV to your set up is the purchase of a Roku or Amazon Fire TV stick.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, I've not looked into these myself. Is there any reason why one might be better than the other?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Not really, the Amazon sticks are often slightly cheaper as they are frequently on sale, but will put a little bit of an onus on their content and services, while the Roku is agnostic and has a cleaner and simpler layout. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 8

@Tantalum we've had firesticks and Roku's and we prefer the open interface of the Roku devices.

Message 7 of 8

Quite a few smart TV’s have the AppleTV app available too.

Message 8 of 8

You also get additional free movies/tv shows to watch with Roku.