Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Issues with subscription channels and BT Player

Go to solution

We have been with BT for several years, currently on Superfast BT Plus. Yesterday we had an issue with the internet connection to the YouView box which I was able to trace to a BT Powerline Extender which had stopped working. I am away at the moment and my husband is not technical. Before he told me of the problem he spent some time in an online chat with a BT advisor who talked him through resetting the YouView box but would take him no further because he wasn't the account holder.  Anyway, he has now replaced the Powerline Extender with an ethernet cable from the Router to the YouView box and the YouView box says that it is connected to the internet. However, when he tries to access subscription channels he gets error BTP-160. I went through the troubleshooter app (at my location) while in a video chat and he followed all the instructions (at home). However, when we get to the instruction to reset the BT Player app we are unable to do so as it comes up with error BTP-115c. We have also checked that the software versions of the YouView box and the On Demand players are up to date.

All of the arial channels are working and the freeview channels which come over the internet are working. It is just the subscription channels and BT Player that have stopped working. It appears to me as if our subscription settings have somehow been lost. Is there someone who can help us out with getting these reset? Or at least investigate the situation? Thank you very much in advance.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Issues with subscription channels and BT Player

Go to solution

@sbhmumwrote:

We have been with BT for several years, currently on Superfast BT Plus. Yesterday we had an issue with the internet connection to the YouView box which I was able to trace to a BT Powerline Extender which had stopped working. I am away at the moment and my husband is not technical. Before he told me of the problem he spent some time in an online chat with a BT advisor who talked him through resetting the YouView box but would take him no further because he wasn't the account holder.  Anyway, he has now replaced the Powerline Extender with an ethernet cable from the Router to the YouView box and the YouView box says that it is connected to the internet. However, when he tries to access subscription channels he gets error BTP-160. I went through the troubleshooter app (at my location) while in a video chat and he followed all the instructions (at home). However, when we get to the instruction to reset the BT Player app we are unable to do so as it comes up with error BTP-115c. We have also checked that the software versions of the YouView box and the On Demand players are up to date.

All of the arial channels are working and the freeview channels which come over the internet are working. It is just the subscription channels and BT Player that have stopped working. It appears to me as if our subscription settings have somehow been lost. Is there someone who can help us out with getting these reset? Or at least investigate the situation? Thank you very much in advance.

Take a look at this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-content-not-working-Error-code-BTP-115c/td-p/17718...

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks, @stuartrogerson I already did that, I always check through forums first before posting in case the answer is something easy 😄
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Update: someone from BT responded to the troubleshooting request. Called my husband and talked him through a few things, then they reset the You View box. Fixed! Yay.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@sbhmum That's great, I'm glad they got it sorted Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@sbhmumwrote:

I thought that all the channels under subscriptions were not classed as freeview? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Sorry, not sure what you mean. Was just trying to explain we had some channels that worked and some that didn't. My terminology may not have been correct.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
No worries bud.
0 Ratings