cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasAdams
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Lack of Co-Commentators on European Games

It is really annoying me how BT seem to find it acceptable to not have a Co-Commentator on the majority of their live European games.

Out of the 4 live Bundesliga games this weekend, 2 of them have had only one commentor.

Sky manage to have 2 commentators on all of their La Liga and even the Eredivise games, yet BT find it acceptable to put one voice on "the home of European" football.

It is really poor, especially in the 4.30 Bundesliga slot now, it just makes the games worse to watch in my opinion.

Is it just me that thinks it makes BT look a bit amateur like?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
GarethW
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lack of Co-Commentators on European Games

You'd rather Michael Owen?
0 Ratings
TonyWade
Message 3 of 6

I agree, if it's a live game it should be 2 commentators. Listening to just one voice gets boring for 90 minutes. Even Eurosport and LFC TV manage to put co-commentators on all of the live games, I don't see why BT can't.

It's obvious cost cutting, the European Leagues don't even get studio presentation anymore apart from the European Football Show, the standard has certainly slipped this season.

0 Ratings
simonman
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Not sure about the other leauges but the Bungesliga commentaters work for the Bungesliga and not BT, as this video proves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdKnhn-bFew

Highlighted
Stinger1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I'd like to see more co commentators on the live games also! It really does add a lot to the game if you can hear two voices over the 90 minutes.
0 Ratings
CelticFan
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

it is a shame the amount of games that have only one commentator over them this season, hopefully more games will get 2 voices as the season goes on...

0 Ratings