cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Leaving Sky

Go to solution

Hi,

has anyone had recent experience of leaving Sky and moving to BT? I have a full TV p[package with Sky and paying £106 per month now. It looks way better value to leaving them and move to the BT VIP package. Is it a straightforward or painful process to switch?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Leaving Sky

Go to solution

switch ISP was made easy as you just sign up to new ISP and they will notify your existing ISP of  the switch

be careful if you want to keep your phone number. if the number was originally issued to you by BT and your current address then that should be ok but really check .  if you are not bothered about number then should be no problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I think you will need to advise Sky about ending the TV part of the contract. I don’t think the switch service will touch that

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @myj_65_20,

Welcome and thanks for posting. You'll find help with moving to BT at switching to BT. Let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi David,

My landline and broadband are currently with BT so it's just the TV service I am looking to switch from Sky to BT. I can't find anything on just that process, how long it takes, what's involved, whether I tell Sky etc?

Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@mtj_65_20wrote:

Hi,

has anyone had recent experience of leaving Sky and moving to BT? I have a full TV p[package with Sky and paying £106 per month now. It looks way better value to leaving them and move to the BT VIP package. Is it a straightforward or painful process to switch?

EDIT: your answer to what would have been my question was answered by you whilst I was writing my post. I was certain reading your post it was only TV you were referring to. @DavidM  @imjolly 

Correct me if I'm wrong  but I've read the responses to your post and the advice has been centred around switching ISP. However, on first reading of your post, you specifically only mention the Sky TV package, and changing to BT TV. 

To clarify, are you intending on switching broadband to BT from Sky, OR, is it only a move from Sky TV to BT TV you are enquiring about?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @mtj_65_20,

I think it would be best for you to let Sky know you're leaving. Since you already have landline and broadband with us you can just place your BTTV order online for whichever option suits best.

Cheers

David

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@mtj_65_20 

as only the TV package being existing BT customer you need to cancel SKY yourself and start a new BT package taking care you select the correct package for your needs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Have a read here https://www.bt.com/tv/add and check you're happy with the content you will receive (there are channels not available with BT).

You need to contact Sky to cancel with them (they may possibly make you an attractive offer to stay) if you ultimately decide to leave them.