Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom77
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Live Italian and Spanish Football on STV Player

Just spotted this interesting article on a516digital:

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/11/la-liga-and-serie-to-debut-on-stv-player.html

Following a recent deal between STV and Eleven Sports..... live La Liga and Serie A games coming to STV Player.... starting this weekend. 

Hence, if you are a fan of these leagues, and you live in Scotland (like me), check out the STV Player on your Youview box.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Live Italian and Spanish Football on STV Player

@Thom77  I'm not aware that the STV Player broadcasts live programming on the Youview platform.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 7

Living in England, I have the ITV Player. I do however have a Now TV box and IPad and have STV Player on both and both are showing live Eleven Sports. 

Stew

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 7

.....perhaps someone in Scotland who has the STV Player instead of ITV Player, can confirm Eleven Sports is broadcasting on the STV Player app?

Stew

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@StewM@zulu17

Just managed to check my STV Player Apps this morning..... on both my BT Youview Box and my NOW TV Stick..... and just like @StewM has found, Eleven Sports is broadcasting with NOW TV, but as @zulu17 was thinking, it is not broadcasting on the Youview Box.

I must admit, I hadn't realised there would be a difference....... is this a technical thing????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Well for example the BBC Iplayer and the S4C  players on Youview provide options to view live programming so it is not a insurmountable technical issue. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

Another plus for the BT Youview Box eh? 🙄

0 Ratings