cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Local News

I have just become a BT TV subscriber. I live in Yorkshire but Channel 103, shows me local TV news for Granada/North West-which is of no use to me-I should get ITV Calendar news. How do I sort this please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Local News

Hi @Robertcopley83 

That is a Freeview channel so you are getting the programming that ITV provide for that channel for the transmitter you are tuned into.

Do you get your expected local news on channel 3 (ITV SD) ?

If so and you are getting different local news on 103 (ITV HD) that will be due to ITV.

If you are getting the same different region  local news  on both channel 3 and 103 then you are tuned into  transmitter serving that other region. You can plug your aerial temporarily into your TV and see whether the TV tuner  gives the same reception.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yorkshire is a big place. Which transmitter do you expect to get your Freeview TV from and how close are you to Winter Hill t'other side of The Pennines?
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Emley Moor do not broadcast local news channels in HD.

For example, ITV broadcast Granada on 103 and BBC simply show a red screen with background graphics and sound effects with a written explanation on screen on 101

Edit: @gomezz  Just for info; Emley Moor is the main transmitter for Yorkshire

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I know. I was wondering if the OP was up in the Dales somewhere with a better view of WH than EM.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

The 'at a glance' way to tell whether he's on WH or EM is to go to channel 101 during local news broadcasts, if he gets a news programme he's on WH, if he gets the red screen I described earlier he's on EM 

0 Ratings