cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rach2804
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Looking to upgrade to VIP Package, confused about recording?

So I spoke to an advisor today as after having no luck getting through last week (wanted to upgrade to the BT Big Sport £20 offer), we had a chat about upgrading to the VIP package as the offer is on at the minute, and we aren't on a new Flexi package. 

After he explained what we got, how it would work etc, i asked one question right off the bat, as i've seen Sky Sports channels on my youview tv guide at present, can I record  all the sky channels I get with the VIP pass? He said yes. We then went through more info and bobbins, and I made sure to ask again could I definitely record the new sky channels for entertainment, sports and movies? He repeated yes. I was ecstatic, explained everything to my husband and it's a grand deal. Ready to go ahead but we checked out the channels we'd get on the website, and read that what you actually get is NOW TV passes from BT and you have to go to the app. As opposed to (I think) having the channels available on my youview box like i would regular freeview channels. 

So can you record the NowTV channels or was the BT salesperson incorrect? 

Lastly, he said we'd have to pay to upgrade our box as it's from 2018. If i'm increasing my package, shouldn't the box come as part of the package considering it's a necessity to having the package? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TheRealBudski
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Looking to upgrade to VIP Package, confused about recording?

I’ve just done the same upgrade. The channels are recordable, all you need is to find them in the EPG the same as you would record any other channel.  

You can also watch on the NowTV app but not record from that. 

Not sure of the box, I wasn’t eligible for a new one 

NigelB72
Guru
Message 3 of 4

You don't need a new box unless you have a fast enough line speed to support BT Ultimate and also have a 4K TV. They should then send you UltraHD Youview box if they have any available as stocks were very low.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Yes I can confirm you can record the sky/now channels on the youview box

0 Ratings