cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 1 of 25

Loss of NBA & UFC?

According to the FT, BT have walked away from the “bidding war” and are set to lose the UK rights to NBA & UFC.

FT (subscription required)

Stew

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES
hyper01
Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Re: Loss of NBA & UFC?

It will save me some money if true, as I won't be staying with BT as a TV/Broadband provider.

0 Ratings
Thom77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

@StewM

Read that story last night on my BBC digital text and although not sports that I watch personally I know from these forums that lots of folk do watch them, so will be disappointing for many.  Maybe it's just more of a sign of where BT Sport may be going???  No doubt BT are trying to save money on their overall Sports Rights bill and they also seem to have way more competition that previous years.

NBA, UFC, Italian Football..... they seem to be losing a lot recently and you just wonder what the next bad news story will be????  I get the impression those Eleven Sports folk will be after all BTs foreign football??  If they keep losing sports BT won't have enough content for all four of their Sports Channels??????

Elder-Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Same here if they lose UFC fully I'll move back to Sky.

0 Ratings
Thom77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Forgot to tag a story to my previous post on this thread:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-sports-bt/bt-to-lose-ufc-and-nba-tv-rights-as-eleven-sport...

Looks like the UFC will be going to the new folk, Eleven Sports....... NBAs new home still seems to be unknown.

NBA will leave BT in October, UFC will leave in December.

0 Ratings
Elder-Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

BT better include it in the sports package otherwise they will lose a lot of customers.

0 Ratings
biker64
Message 7 of 25

Gutted to hear bt were not interested in keeping ufc - the main reason I got bt was for ufc and moto gp - I was amazed when I saw they had it in the first place, it was good to see them being progressive and 'current' having ufc for a good while but it could cost them if this is the way they're going. I'll be looking to change again now.

dfel100
Contributor
Message 8 of 25

If I cancel BT Sport will I lose Eurosport?

0 Ratings
Elder-Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Yes unless you go with another provider who includes BT Sports.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 25

@dfel100wrote:

If I cancel BT Sport will I lose Eurosport?

No. Depends what your package is but they are separate contracts. Eurosport is included with some BT TV packages. BT Sports is an add on, (apart from some packages which it is included).

Stew

0 Ratings