Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 39

Re: Loss of NBA & UFC?

Go to solution

BT sport was a very unpopular move with investors. The new CEO seems to prefer a more prudent approach to not overbid for sports rights especially when trying to control costs. It is likely that BT Sports may become marginalised and could even be completely phased out at some point.

0 Ratings
dfel100
Contributor
Message 12 of 39

Go to solution

Thanks StewM for your help ☺

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 13 of 39

Go to solution

Did I hear correctly that BT have lost Italian Serie A football as well, effective starting with the upcoming season.  If so, gutted.  I used to watch a lot of it.

I presume we'll be getting a reduction in our monthly subscription, yes?

0 Ratings
Elder-Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 39

Go to solution
haha more like a rise.
0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 15 of 39

Go to solution

Yup, I was being facetious, of course.  But seriously, how could they justify charging the same when they have less content?

hyper01
Contributor
Message 16 of 39

Go to solution

They don't have to, while people put up with it.

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 17 of 39

Go to solution

@hyper01wrote:

True.

I don't know if there's a chance that they can carry Serie A - by doing a deal with Eleven Sports in some way - we'll see.  I took BT Sport mainly for Champions League but with the loss of Serie A, NBA and UFC it doesn't seem like good value anymore.  I expect I'll be giving them a call before long.

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 18 of 39

Go to solution

@ploppywrote:

@hyper01wrote:

True.

I don't know if there's a chance that they can carry Serie A - by doing a deal with Eleven Sports in some way - we'll see.  I took BT Sport mainly for Champions League but with the loss of Serie A, NBA and UFC it doesn't seem like good value anymore.  I expect I'll be giving them a call before long.

Eleven Sports took Spanish Football from Sky and now Italian football from BT...... going forward they will probably be after the French and German footy that BT also has.  Italian never really bothered me that much, but I'd be gutted if the German ever went!!!!

I was wondering myself if Eleven Sports might do some deal to be hosted on someone elses platform.... a bit like Premier Sports is on Sky and Virgin???  It wouldn't be part of the hosts sports deal, you'd need to pay Eleven Sports every month on top of what you already paid??  If something like that did happen with Eleven Sports I don't really think that would happen with BT, probably more a Sky and Virgin thing.  OR BT do a deal with Eleven Sports and they drop BT ESPN and create BTElevensports1?????

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 39

Go to solution

As expected, BT lose UFC. See here.

Stew

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 20 of 39

Go to solution

At least I know the date to cancel my TV service from BT.

0 Ratings