cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 21 of 34

Re: Loss of NBA & UFC?

Go to solution

Again, as expected BT loses NBA to Sky. see here.

Is BT is giving up on its BT Sports ?

Stew

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution

Yes I think BT will give up on BT Sports for the reasons in post 11 by me. The company needs to control costs and having to bid for sports rights is definitely not the way to do that. Also I understand the CEO wants to concentrate on the core business first so sports will fall by the wayside.

0 Ratings
Elder-Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

Spoke to a lady on the BT customer support team and she said they will be getting more rights to stuff but couldn't name anything... If BT loose anymore channels I will downgrade my package or cancel it.

My dad likes WWE but that relies on Sky Sports Main Event showing it until 2019. I liked UFC and that is now gone. BT Sport is just for the odd few EPL matches and the UEFA matches and that's it. Can get that on SKY...

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

........and now the loss of darts.

Stew

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

Just to add another entry to the list of things that BT Sport are losing (or seem to be losing), COULD they now be about to lose Scottish Premiership Football?????????

My normal Scottish Newspapers (Daily Record and Scottish Sun) both have stories stating that Sky Sports are about to take sole coverage when the next rights are awarded...... currently it is shared between Sky and BT.

This is not confirmed at this stage, but no smoke without fire and all that....... hence, if you are a fan of Scottish Premiership Football on BT Sport, lets see if this will be one of the next things to go.

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

Just to follow-up on my Post from last week....... it is now confirmed that from the Summer of 2020 BT Sport have lost their rights to Scottish Premiership Football.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/11/sky-sports-secures-five-year-scottish.html

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

As rumoured BT losing SPL

What value does BT Sport now have?

Stew

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

@StewMwrote:

As rumoured BT losing SPL

What value does BT Sport now have?

Stew

@StewM

The value to me is certainly a lot less than when I first joined..... maybe time to start thinking about a change???

Reading the stories in Todays Papers about BT Sport losing Scottish Premiership rights, it also mentions that they are losing the rights to the Scottish Betfred/League Cup, that will be going to Premier Sports.  BT Sport are heading completely for the exit door from Scottish Football.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

If they stop covering MotoGP then I will be cancelling my BT Sport and BT TV subscriptions and go to whoever will be covering it which may mean using the Dorna app and casting it.

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:

If they stop covering MotoGP then I will be cancelling my BT Sport and BT TV subscriptions and go to whoever will be covering it which may mean using the Dorna app and casting it.

@gomezz

I'm fairly sure the current rights they have for MotoGP might not be that old (I may be wrong), so hopefully this is one sport that may be around for a while longer??

Renewal time for all their sports rights will be a nervy time for the fan/viewer, especially with the speed that they are all being dropped.  I sometimes wonder with BT Sport and their bidding to keep rights they already have, the new mantra is..... how low can we bid to make sure we don't win, but it looked like we tried?????

0 Ratings