Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 31 of 39

Re: Loss of NBA & UFC?

Go to solution

Perhaps UFC will not leave BT Sports?

Telegraph article

“UFC is this week in emergency discussions about a new deal with its existing partner BT Sport to ensure fans can continue to access coverage.”

Stew

0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 32 of 39

Go to solution
What a turn around that would be.
0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 33 of 39

Go to solution
Might even make me return to bt sport. Depending on how long the new deal would be for
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 34 of 39

Go to solution

Hey Guys,

Yup I can confirm that BT have signed a new contract to bring BT Sport viewers, loads more UFC action!  As an avid fan I am delighted with this news.

You can read more about it here, BT Sport to remain the exclusive home of UFC in the UK

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
BishopEJ
Message 35 of 39

Go to solution

What is BT's problem? What is wrong with BT? I was looking forward to watching NBA games throught this 2018/19 season but NO! Lo and behold NBA games have been replaced by INDIAN cricket, swimming, formulaE, HORSE RIDING and mosquito football games. Seriously! Who watches that much football? I understand premier league, champions league and europa league games but WHO in the UK is watchging Leipzig vs wolfsburg in GERMANY? And do you know what's worse? BT sports doesn't even show all the premier and champions league games!   

Horse riding? Horse riding? HORSE RIDING?

I was so angry when I saw that instead of showing NBA games, BT has decided to show much more COLLEGE basketball. That's like removing all champions league football matches and replacing them with under 17 academy matches. Do you see how infuriating this is? NCAA basketball? Who wants to watch that? The NCAA tournament ended 4 days ago, so WHY is BT sports still showing replays of it? Today the NBA playoffs start, and guess what BT? None of your customers can watch it on BT sports. 

So if you like College basketball, Indian cricket, horseriding, formula-e racing, motogp and amatuer swimming, then BT is the service for you 🙂 

BT clearly underestimated the popularity of NBA and UFC in the UK and they made a huge mistake by walking away from the bid for rights.

BT is losing my business. As soon as my contract ends, I'm upgrading to sky. I was very wrong in thinking that BT was a cheaper alternative to sky and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

0 Ratings
dfel100
Contributor
Message 36 of 39

Go to solution
Couldn't agree more about NBA, my son is nuts about it, now when NCAA basketball is on he just shrugs his shoulders and says I have never heard of them. I did phone to cancel BT sport because of this but I stayed because I got a very good deal but once that is up its Sky for me too.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 39

Go to solution

RB Leipzig are currently 3rd in the Bundesliga so are very much in contention to qualify for the Champions League so showing their league match extended highlights tonight is very reasonable.I believe the match is being played this afternoon but due to the restrictions on Saturday afternoon live football broadcasts would not be shown live.

if you have BT TV then some NBA playoff games are on the Sky Sports Main Event channel if you subscribe.

0 Ratings
dfel100
Contributor
Message 38 of 39

Go to solution
But you have to pay £20 more than you had to last year and I am not bothered which German teams are in the Champions League
0 Ratings
Kenny_D
Message 39 of 39

Go to solution

Really bad losing the NBA coverage. Has me looking for an alternative package/provider.

0 Ratings