cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Loss of sound after fast-forwarding

I noticed this problem was first brought up here five years ago. Whenever I fast forward a recorded programme - internet channels and you view - the sound goes not just on recorded programmes but live broadcasts too. Two engineer visit have not solved it. Beginning to wish I'd stuck with Sky and just a shame I have 18 more months on my contract. Any help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Loss of sound after fast-forwarding

Hi  @Ridgewoodwoody  Which BT Tv box  are you experincing the issue on  eg BT TV Box Pro , T4000 , T2100 etc

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

The Pro box

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Ridgewoodwoody  Hi there, I had the same issue on the Pro Box shortly after I got it. I had to stop the pgm, go elsewhere and back again, seemed to be ok.  But the issue disappeared without any invention from me, maybe a software update?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@Ridgewoodwoody   It would appear the problem has reappeared on my BT TV Pro Box.   Watching a recording, skipped the adverts, and when restarting pgm - no sound. Had to reboot the box?  Second time this week.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I eventually asked BT to send me a new box which they did and, touch wood, the problem is no more. Still not totally convinced ‘though.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

But it has now reappeared. Doesn’t do it all the time even within the same recorded programme. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I get this occasionally but find that Pause / Play usually restores sound or if not Stop / Play does.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Re: Loss of sound after fast-forwarding . Pro Box.

Hi, this issues has reappeared.  When I pause, or rewind either a live pgm or a recording, the sound goes. The only resolution seems to be, switching the Pro Box off and on again. V frustrating. Switching to another channel, which sometimes worked previously, does not work this time round.

0 Ratings