cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Lost channels

Had the BT SPORT 4K HD package from day 1 which included channels like UK GOLD, NATGEO WILD, DAVE, among others.
Having added NOW SKY SPORTS, I find that I’ve lost UKGOLD type channels?!

All I did was ADD to my bill with extra channels but didn’t anticipate I’d LOSE several?

Is there an explanation that makes sense? 🙂

Thanks in advance should anybody bother to respond.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lost channels

I assume that you've added the full Sky Sports suite and by doing so you would have moved from the legacy pack to one of the new flexible packs. Doing so would have removed your access to the previous channels that you had. Some are available within the NowTV Entertainment pack. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I kind of guessed that the legacy scenario might end up being the answer!

I even looked at the special offer of £5 half price for entertainment pack which showed up in coronavirus section, but it didn’t allow me to take up the offer only an upgrade to VIP, but as I’m not much of a movie watcher I didn’t bother, so I donated my sports credit to NHS instead!

The Now add-on for entertainment seems to be available for £8.99 and as I’m already paying three figures per month I’m of a mind that another nine quid won’t end up a deal breaker!  🙂

Just a bit annoying to ADD channels and inadvertently LOSE some in the process 😞

Thanks for the reply 👍🏼

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@paddythegreek  Sadly it is a commercial agreement that sky have added that anyone taking one of the new NowTV packages cannot cross supply with the extra channels BT provides. Sky (and therefore NowTV) are making moves in the entertainment channels due to the cost of sport and are increasing the range (another large ramp up due on Wednesday) so the scene is changing and to some degree I think BT are actually looking to get out of buying and supplying these extra channels themselves going forward. Especially as companies move to DTC offerings themselves (like Disney and the nat geo channels).

Not the answer you want to hear sadly.

0 Ratings