Did you mean: 
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Michael Owen

@toekneem wrote:

@Scottsomers7 wrote:
Hello,

On behalf of all bt subscribers and sports fans we would like to know why Michael Owens contract as a commentator has been renewed and why BT continue to employ by far and away the worst pundit to ever commentate on any sporting event ever? We find it absolutely incomprehensible how Mr owen continues to commentate on live events considering his obvious ineptitude, painfully boring voice and obvious lack of social skills. It is estimated 90% of BT customers dislike Mr owen and wud prefer to mute the sound during live games for much needed respite from Mr owena voice . Why do BT continue to employ someone who so obviously is disliked by all paying subscribers?

Can you please speak for yourself. Whether I like Micheal Own or not as a Bt commentator is for me to decide not for you to decide and speak for me. Also can you give us the source that states that an estimated 90% of Bt customers dislike Owen.

For the love of.....

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Have you noticed that he has not picked up one injury since he has been commentating?
Highlighted
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Z - Owen - Copy.png

Just thought id put this out there.....

siteguru
Expert
Message 14 of 19

@hg144 wrote:

but what about broadcasting the sport with just the ambient sounds  - of the crowd, the players and the backroom staff.

Simple explanation ... Pre-Watershed. The language from the crowd, players and backroom staff will generally be quite "fruity" so the commentators can block most of it out. Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Fruity language would be better than that lemon, Owen.
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 16 of 19

Paul Schloes is worse! Terrible pundit and that voice meh!!!
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

'That voice' is Mancunian.
0 Ratings
Dub78
Message 18 of 19

Gotta agree!

BT have stumped up big money. Massive wonga. But affriad the coverage isnt what we are used to. BT may have splashed the cash, but the standard is amature. I have watched a few exciting games but the commentary doesnt reflect what is happening on the pitch. I feel like falling asleep sometimes. Lacks entusuasm! Ian Darke has been decent though at least he has the voice for it and experienced in commentary.

Dont want to give Michael Owen too much of a hard time, great player, great knowledge, POOR commentator. BT just rely on the names and think that will see them through. Owen, Ferguson, Hargreaves, not cut out for it.

JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 19

Michael Owen isn't the worst co commentator out there, Andy Townsend is. Please please don't sign him up BT. Depressed old cynic Mark Lawrenson 2nd worst, "Dink" Owen 3rd and sadly, BT newcomer Chris Sutton in 4th.

Did anyone watch/listen to Sutton in the Malmo v Celtic game? Truly awful. Why do all new co commentators feel the need to churn out the same old cliched expressions that other co commentators say, even though the majority of these cliches are never said by anyone in their normal every day lives?! I'd just love to hear a co commentator be himself for once and talk like a normal person, rather than someone desperate to conform.

Back to Owen, dink, he's dreadful. Dink. BT must surely, dink, know this by now. Dink. Either by using their own dink ears dink, or by actually paying dinking attention to their dink customers.

Dink
0 Ratings