Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Missing Discover Channels

Hello,

We upgraded our broadband with bt at the weekend, and requested a new tv box, as ours was over 6 ears old and getting unreliable.

New tv box delivered yesterday. Last night I noticed that I couldn't watch any discovery channel programmes I had recorded on the old box, so installed new box this morning and now find I have no discovery tv chanel at all. I thought discovery was part of the very basic £10 a month tv package?

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Missing Discover Channels

Which pack are you on. If it's the Classic Entertainment pack then the Discovery channels should be there. If it's the new Now TV Entertainment pack with Fox, Sky One etc. then no, the Discovery channels are not included, and you won't be able to watch any previous recordings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's the classic entertainment, £10 a month package. Will try later today, if no luck will give them a call. We have 14 days to cancel.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Sky are relaunching documentaries  on April 2nd so you’ll get them back. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 13

Hi @Elena1 

You are on the NowTV Sport package, which does not include the Discovery channel.

This would stop your existing recordings working too as you no longer have access to the channel.

If you were expecting to keep the Discovery channel you will need to upgrade from your current package to one which includes the NowTV Entertainment pack.

Hope that is clear enough 🙂 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Hi Darren,

Thank you for the quick response. When we changed the package we specifically asked to keep the discovery channel and were told our tv channels would not change. I feel we were mis-sold the new contract, so am now trying to cancel.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

But the Discovery channels are not available with any Now TV add on, only on the Classic Entertainment pack. Yes the new Sky Discovery channel will be coming next month, but you won't be able to access current recordings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

@Elena1wrote:
Hi Darren,

Thank you for the quick response. When we changed the package we specifically asked to keep the discovery channel and were told our tv channels would not change. I feel we were mis-sold the new contract, so am now trying to cancel.

You can revert back to your original package if you were still in contract.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 13

NowTV Discovery is available right now actually that is why I advised it @Hunter2660 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

@DarrenWwrote:

NowTV Discovery is available right now actually that is why I advised it @Hunter2660 

Didn't realise that. Will the OP be able to access previous recordings though?

0 Ratings