Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Missing channels?

Go to solution

Hi new to BT TV and have just taken out TV MAX 4K SPORT 4K . All seemed to be ok but missing many channels , and today i noticed 4k Sport has gone off my planner. I have checked for problems with BT help page and it says there is a fault with my BB since 28 July , work is ongoing , not sure if the problem affects the TV package .

Here is a list of what i can't get; PICK / QUEST/REALLY/5 USA / YESTERDAY/ ITV BE / 5 STAR / 5 SPIKE / D MAX / QUEST RED / 5 SELECT / CBS ALL ,,, / QUEST +1 / QUEST HD / SKY NEWS /  None of those channels have been available since start of service. AMC 4K AND NOW BT SPORT 4 K have now gone from planner. 

I am on SUPER FAST FIBRE 1 UNLIMITED  my speeds are around 47 mb . I posted a question yesterday regarding issues with BT TV APP playing on Windows 10 , which is constantly stuttering and says i have 2 registered devices ; one being Windows 8 the other Windows 10 ??? i only have one Laptop. Any ideas Please. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Missing channels?

Go to solution

The selection of Freeview channels you can receive on your Youview (BT TV ) box will not be directly influenced by the speed or indeed reliabily of your broadband connection. The Freeview channels are transmitted on several different multiplexes ( typically depending on your transmitter , 3, 6 , 8 or 9  different multiplexes which are on different frequencies and may have different transmission power) .  So if you are not able to tune in all the Freeview channels  you expect there could be several possible causes  . the first check there would be to to confirm when you bybass the Youview box and connect the aerial cable directly into your TV and retune the TV as to whether you receive the channels you list as missing.

Looking at the some of the other issues

AMC channel is available as a live channel in SD or HD  on BT TV , there is not  AMC 4K  live channel in the BT TV guide  (there is some  4K content from AMC - Snatch I believe that is accessed by the BT Player.

The BT Sport 4K channel  433 has recently had a name change to BT Sport Ultimate - if that no longer appears in the guide  then maybe the broadband problem you mention has impacted your speed.

(probably a good idea to also do a soft restart- ie when not recording hold power button for about 8 seconds and allow the Youview box to restart)

Don't use the BT Tv app as a player on Windows so won't comment on your device allocation issue query.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MitoMan,

Thank you for posting.

Have you tried the soft reset as suggested by @zulu17 and if so have you got the missing channels back?

With regard to the two registered devices, if your laptop has recently updated to windows 10 from windows 8 it could explain why it's showing as two registered devices. You can manage your devices here - Managing your devices.

If you're seeing the picture stuttering on the BT TV App, this would normally indicate a problem with the connection. Have you tried connecting the laptop with an ethernet cable to see if the problem remains?

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks i have tried and it will not re set, will consider a full re'set soon?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks will not do a soft reset . Regarding missing channels are all the ones i have mentioned Freeview or Internet channels?
We are in an area that receives less channels due to location.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I've just done a re-tune because all my terrestrial HD channels have gone on the missing list... they don't even show up in the Guide. Internet channels are fine. This isn't just a BT problem as the same is happening with my tv's freeview tuner. All HD channels have disappeared... 

I'd be eternally grateful if someone could explain what's going on

Edit...

Scratch that. Just got on my hands and knees for a cable check. Problem sorted... Forgive me, I'm old

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@MitoMan wrote:
Thanks will not do a soft reset . Regarding missing channels are all the ones i have mentioned Freeview or Internet channels?
We are in an area that receives less channels due to location.

Hi @MitoMan  , the lengthy  list of channels you listed are I believe Freeview  channels from the arqiva    muxes .  AMC and BT Sport Channels would be delivered by your internet connection.

Your Freeview channels available will be reduced if the transmitter that is supplying your signal is not equipped to provide the full range of multiplexes.