cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

More stuttering watching football

Have had problems with the BT Pro box previously while watching football with the picture stuttering for a second every so often. Watching the England match tonight on channel 4 and the stuttering is back. Not an enjoyable watch at all. I wish BT would get this sorted but not enough people are complaining about it. What can you do.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: More stuttering watching football

Sound like you need a better aerial installation.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

It would appear that CH4 are broadcasting the football in 1080i/25fps on Freeview. This is not BT's responsibility or a problem with the Pro Box. 

25fps is suitable for fast moving images which is why Sky, BT, NowTV etc all use 50fps.

Unfortunately it's on CH4 to change the broadcast quality and there is nothing BT can do about it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I just assumed it was the C4 broadcast as not had issues previously & only noticed it in the last few minutes. Although I was only glancing at it over the top of the laptop screen before that as it was so dull. Did you try switching to the TV to confirm it was the Pro Box? What was happening last night certainly wasn't a result of frame rate.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@rbz5416 tbh I didn't watch last night but assumed that the juddering ball was frame rate related which wouldn't have surprised me 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

That wasn't the issue. There were micro pauses & then the frames catching up, so was a bit like an old silent black & white film where everything is a little too fast, but only in spurts. At least that's what I was seeing, the OP may have had a different issue.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I have had this problem previously while watching football on bt sport channels so I know it’s not just a problem with the channel 4 broadcast, although that wouldn’t help things.

Message 8 of 9

I've found that the Pro Box can get a bit jittery after a lot of use. It's almost like it's not clearing cached data and running low of storage for temp data. I've kinda got into the habit of doing a power cycle reboot once a week and that seems to have solved those issues. It would be nice if there was a reboot device option in the settings or a flicky switch...

Message 9 of 9

Could be as it only seems to happen when the box has been on for a while.

0 Ratings