Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

MotoGP 4k UHD

Hi,

Have BT Sport dropped MotoGP from the 4k UHD channel? Looking through the guide the 4k channel is just showing the 'Welcome to BT Sport 4k UHD' demo loop at the time the MotoGP race is on.

MotoGP was the only reason i signed up for the 4k package!

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Message 2 of 26

Re: MotoGP 4k UHD

@Snap4130 Thanks for posting, I'm afraid it's not shown on the UHD channel as MotoGP don't provide 4k coverage. I believe we did a trial a few years ago from Sliverstone as we had our own cameras there.  For now it's shown on BT Sport 2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

Why is it on the demo loop then. Also, from the BT website:

Watch the world's best players in four times the detail of full HD. We'll bring you the UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League, UEFA Europa League and the FA Cup as you've never seen them before. Other live events will be shown throughout the season, including Aviva Premiership Rugby matches, MotoGP races and squash
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 26

@Snap4130 Thanks for replying, I'm raising this with the BT Sport team to get more info for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 26

There does appear to be a MotoGP documentary scheduled on the BT Sport  4K  channel ..  title Marc Marques:Cervera to Tokyo. Sunday 2 April 8pm 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 26

I must admit that i am also really disappointed by this as MotoGP was also my main reason for going UHD with BT.
To find out that they are still advertising MotoGP as one of the events for the UHD channel and that it was a one off two years ago is not what i was expecting.

Is there any updates about any races at all for this season?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 26

I have just raised a complaint for this very issue.

I upgraded my basic BT TV box in January JUST for MotoGP in UltraHD, I don't watch football or anything else on BT. I feel I have been mis-sold a product and people are still being mis-sold. It states on their page (text linked above), that MotoGP Races are being shown in UltraHD. Not a single race has been shown and I've been paying the extra subscription for this and haven't used the BT TV box as there is nothing else I watch. I use Sky mainly, again which I really only have for F1.

Can someone provide a straight answer, MotoGP fans have been robbed for months. If there is a technical reason, fine, but refunds must be given tto people like myself that only came to the UltraHD package for this purpose.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 26

Reading the earlier mods responses on this thread it seems to be down to what coverage is provided. I believe DORNA provide HD rather than UHD race content. 

see

http://www.dorna.com/dornacontents_tvproduction.html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 26

That being the case, why does their website and their on-screen promo (on the ultrahd channel and others), still list as MotoGP races in UltraHD. We haven't had one. I upgraded purely on this basis. Called customer support, a manager is calling me back .... still waiting. Oh I was offered a tenner. Been subscribing since January, paid for the newer box and I've had nothing.

No-one cares, least of all BT. If there is no capability with Dorna, then they should not be advertising something they are incapable of delivering.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 26

Looking at 

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2017/february/motogp-new-tata-deal-set-to-revolutionise-t...

It it does seem that Donna is looking at some changes. That article is a bit vague at times sales. 

0 Ratings