cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

MotoGP fans shafted.now paying to cover football

talk about been well and truly shafted

im 14 months into an 18month bt infinity contract that i took to get bt sports for free and now i have to pay £5 extra a month to watch it

to make this even worse, its exactly halfway thru the season...very very very shady behaviour by bt....theyve only put price up to cover for the champions league...so its mainly to target football supporters  but it looks like us poor motogp have been f***ed over

9 races in...9 to go

i cant wait till  my 18 months is over..coz ill be moving, every single item i have to pay bt for net, phone and line rental

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: MotoGP fans shafted.now paying to cover football

As a MotoGP fan with BT TV I am not being asked to pay any extra. I presume you have been relying on the web / app coverage in which case you have been missing a lot.
0 Ratings
adrianshaw
Message 3 of 10

I totally agree with you.

I watch the Indycar on ESPN - the only reason I dropped Sky Sports and went to BT.

I have watched the Moto GP stuff with interest.

I don't see why I should have to pay an extra fee to cover the cost of the football.  Taking away Sports 2 and ESPN just to force me to upgrade is extremely arrogent and I'm unimpressed by their bully-boy antics.

Also, the price of the HD package has increased by 25% at the same time the number of chanels has dropped from 3 to 1 so BT can get stuffed.

I have downgraded by subscription to lite, cancelled the HD part and will be leaving BT when my contract expires.

There are plenty of other broadband providers out there who actually care about their customers.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Sky does the same to F1 fans - you can't get Sky Sports F1 without paying for the football on the other Sky Sports channels.

But it's a lot more than the £5 BT is charging!

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

@Colin_London wrote:

Sky does the same to F1 fans - you can't get Sky Sports F1 without paying for the football on the other Sky Sports channels.

I know. At the end of the day it's only a flipping fiver a month, £1.30 odd a week. People probably spend more on their weekly paper bill.

0 Ratings
popshot
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

@adrianshaw wrote:

I have downgraded by subscription to lite, cancelled the HD part and will be leaving BT when my contract expires.

There are plenty of other broadband providers out there who actually care about their customers.

Unfortunately by downgrading you have just signed up to a new contract. This is very poorly explained by BT (if at all).

0 Ratings
popshot
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

@Colin_London wrote:

Not true. I get SKy F1 and do not pay for any Sky sports channels.

KWAKKERS
Message 8 of 10

I've contacted Trading Standards, in the hope of establishing whether this proposed change

runs contrary to Contract Law.

See:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phones-tv-internet-and-computers/problems-with-contracts-...

Spoke to BT this morning, with very little joy.

They seem to be of the opinion that the change won't contravene existing contracts - as accessing

"BTSport" will still be 'free', albeit drastically reduced.

This is EXTREMELY annoying for me, as motoGP was the only reason I moved to BT in the first place, and I'm 

not yet 6 months in to an 18 month contract! Man Mad

I'll post again, when I know more... 

Worth noting that according to the website above, under the heading "What are unfair contract terms",

it cleary states:

• a term giving the trader the right to change the contract to their benefit"

0 Ratings
GEL595
Message 9 of 10

Hi All

Yes I feel cheated by BT.

I also went for the deal because in included MOTO GP

I've email Libby Barr (libby.barr@bt.com) the MD of Customer Care.

She emailed my contract confirmation which included the fact that I could watch BT1 & BT2 and ESPN.

I've pointed out that I think she has made an error as these are included in that confirmation and she now wants to charge for them.

Surely this must be a breach of contract.

Also when I spoke to BT and the young lady was clearly reading off her crib sheet, not her fault, she just repeated that I could pay £35 for a BT box for the TV, I already have sky so don't want another box and remote control, or sign up for the £5pm for an 18 month contract when my current BT offer contract finishes in Jan 2016!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Oliver341
Expert
Message 10 of 10

It would have been fairer if BT had let people within their minimum term keep BT Sport for free until the end of their minimum term.

But nothing about this is fair.

Oliver.
0 Ratings