cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyingfemme
Message 1 of 5

Motogp missing

I only subscribe to BT Sport for the Motogp and it's an expensive way to get my fix that doesn't even work when I travel......now the series record has failed - several times - and I can see no way to watch the qualifying before tomorrow's racing.

Am I missing something? Or are the tv wonks at BT every bit as pathetic as their colleagues at the internet service providers?

next year I will be using the MotoGP online service that works, wherever I am in the world, and has a catchup service.

is there a reason that series record on BTSport has failed so spectacularly?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Motogp missing

Worked for me today (and yesterday). Did you check earlier this week if it was set to record as it dropped the existing Series Link due to the mid-summer break.  I always check timers for the week ahead on each Thursday.

I also had a locked box earlier this week following the big channel retune event needing me to pull the power lead to reboot it as even the usual holding of the power button on the box for several seconds did not work.  That lock up caused a film recording to show as failed.

As for catching up with quali you are left with the brief video highlights clips on the web site / app.

As for the MotoGP online service I tried that out for the pre-season test sessions.  Beware that I found casting the app to my main TV from my tablet was a bit graunchy compared say to how well BBC iPlayer works and in the end used an HDMI connection from my laptop to view the web browser version.  Note that BT Sport could learn a lesson from them on how to present the session videos for playback without spoilers plastered everywhere.

0 Ratings
Flyingfemme
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, G. The series record has failed several times this year when it worked all 2016. I travel a lot and cannot always check. The Motogp servce works on an ipad when I am in other countries and BT lets me down.

as a point of interest, the same is happening on Eurosport for BSB. 

They are recording on separate Sky boxes - which both work fine on normal Sky channels.

BT are not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Does the app not let you check? Do not use it myself but rings a bell about people complaining that it does not.

Another option for remote access over a suitably fast internet link is to add a Slingbox to your set up.

0 Ratings
Flyingfemme
Message 5 of 5

The BT app does very little that's useful. There is a catchup for the main race, well after the event, but otherwise only news.

used the Motogp service to watch the qualifying yesterday.......cheaper than BT and works all over the world........BT don't get my money next year. Simples!

0 Ratings