Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSA
Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Multiple BT ID's in household

Go to solution

As the original poster of this question I agree that the answer given is not a solution, more just an explaination of the current situation.  I can only presume that BT have set it up like this to try and stop people setting up linked logins for non family members.

I have checked and it is effectively a single sign-on system at present; once logged in to btsport.com you can also access MyBT etc.  Would a solution be to have the option to create a completely separate login for BT Sport that could be shared between family members; give access to BT Sport, but no account information?  Alternatively make sure the system requires a retype of the password to access MyBT, and doesn't save them accross the websites.

As I recall it is the same with BT Wifi, but beacuse these are via apps the password can be saved without showing the characters, or giving access to account information.

0 Ratings
DiscoSausage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

Agree totally with the OP, this is not a solved question. I signed up for BT Sport thinking my son would be able to log in and watch when he's at university, but no way would I want him to have access to my BT account to change price plans, upgrades, billing information and whatever else.

0 Ratings
bonnyrigger
Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

I on the other hand trust my kids - a less stressful solution 🙂

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

This beats me. How many others do people expect to be able to piggy-back a (currently) free service? Their partner, their partner and kids, their partner and kids and their mates, the rest of the family, everyone they know, or what?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Omitted to say also that I agree with bonnyrigger. My kids finished university well before this stuff was available, but if having my BT log-in details would have enriched their experience they would have got them in the certain knowledge that the privilege would not be abused.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
DiscoSausage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

@bonnyrig @pottyperson

What a smug self satisfied pair you are... congratulations on having such perfect children

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
"What a smug self satisfied pair you are... congratulations on having such perfect children"

Can't you trust your children?
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@DiscoSausage wrote:

@bonnyrig @pottyperson

What a smug self satisfied pair you are... congratulations on having such perfect children

There's nothing smug in what they've said, it's just reality. 

If your son is at Uni he's presuambly at least 18 and therefore an adult. As such he should mature enough to keep to an agreement that he gets access to the Sport app on the condition that he doesn't mess around with your BT account.

If, as an adult, he's not capable of such maturity then he's going to face a lot of problems in life.

On the other hand, if your son is one of those child genuises who go to Uni far younger than 18, then of course I retract the above. 

0 Ratings
Mercieca
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Well, no. You can have additonal BTID's or Sub Accounts which can then manage the online account to a degree - but it doesn't state streaming is possible via these Sub Accounts now does it?

0 Ratings
Mercieca
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution
I wouldn't call trusting your own children being smug, not trusting them on the other hand is another issue. If you genuinely don't trust them then don't give them the details. Simple as.
0 Ratings